[1.1.51] VST Live hangs on starting

Hi everyone,

after having installed the version in question, the software hangs on starting, without any error message, just before loading the Hub window.

Also note the following conditions:

• The software starts normally when launched via a .vlprj file
  • The software crashes if you select Hub/Open Hub… from the menu

… do you have installed the “HALion Sonic SE” from the “Steinberg Download Assistant”? You can find it in the VST Live category.

/Michael.

… and can you please find the following file …
/Users/your_username/Documents/VSTLive/templates/vlLayerTemplate.vllayer
… and share it with us?

Thank you,
Michael.

Hi @Spork ,

I suppose your request is related to the management of the Default Layer Instrument:wink:

I don’t use HALion Sonic SE, but, to verify what you suggested, I tried to install it and actually the problem is fixed.

I guess this requires an additional fix, considering that HALion Sonic SE is recommended, but not mandatory.

Thanks a lot for the support! :slight_smile:

… thank you for getting back. Yes, we already fixed it. Coming with the next Update.

/Michael.

I have to same issue, I don´t use Halion.

… Okay, but the latest version expects that “HALion Sonic SE” is installed. Can you please locate the following file and give it to me?
/Users/your_username/Documents/VSTLive/templates/vlLayerTemplate.vllayer

Thank you,
Michael.

vlLayerTemplate.zip (94.0 KB)

… Thank you. Yes, it is looking for the default “HALion Sonic SE” instrument. It’s free. Please open the “Steinberg Download Assistant” and select the “VST Live” category. Now select the “HALion Sonic SE 3.5.10 - Instrument” entry and install it.

/Michael

I have installed it but still not working. I have to install the content too?

Hi @diegoalejo15

please locate this file:
/Users/YourUsername/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/VST Live/Vst3Plugins.xml

Can you give it to me, too? After that delete it and start VST Live again. Better?
Michael.

Tha file is in this path:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\VST Live_64
Vst3Plugins.xml (97.3 KB)

I deleted it but VL still not load.

… thank you. Your Vst3Plugins.xml file does contain “HALion Sonic SE”. Are you really sure that you installed it? The entry inside the Steinberg Download Assistant should look like this here

You can always jump back to VST Live 1.1.50. To do that, uninstall the Pre-Release 1.1.51 and download the 1.1.50 installer. You can find the installer here

Michael.

yes it is installed.

… that is really weird. Can you please check if you have the following file and folder
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Steinberg\HALion Sonic SE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Steinberg\HALion Sonic SE\Halion Sonic SE.vst3

yes they are there.

… give me one hour. Something really strange is going on.

And do you have that folder and file?
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\Shared Components\HALion Sonic SE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\Shared Components\HALion Sonic SE\HALion Sonic SE.dll

Michael

When starting version 51 for the first time, the program hangs at VST3 initialization (dirty tape), says goodbye after a few minutes. The VSTLive process is still active in the task manager and must be terminated before the program can be restarted. After that it runs again and starts quickly. I just wanted to let you know.