Thanks and congratulations to the really fantastic update!
I like most the new voices, filter, and Midi-learn for commands.
These are very important improvements!
Some small things I found today:
- write: (Windows 10), selecting in the Filter dialog “only select/deselect” closes the menu - this is surely not indended? Should be kept open for further funcion selection.
- playback: artiulations / notes with staccato: when there is a tied group of eg. a half and an eighth, the eighth with a staccato dot, a shortened eigth is played. A shortened half+eight sould be played. Seems that playback only looks at the note that carries the staccato dot, not at the “tied” real length of the note.
- playback: a playing technique (eg. a “pizz”) on the very first note in the score will be ignored
(both playback with default configuration)
What bothers me most now is the poor performance, when it comes to really big scores (Sibelius-XML-Imports): Hit Ctrl-A and your are doomed (to wait for minutes!), start playback is delayed 10 or more seconds after pressing space or P… etc. There is al lot of “sandclock”-waiting and “Dorico is not responding”-messages.
My wishlist now would include:
- in write mode, let me easily hide temporarily selected staves (eg. a triangle, needed only in 1 Bar in a long sinfony, kind of a hard life), for more clarity and input speed …
- I keep dreaming of having Dorico combining for me multiple one-staff-one-voice-players, eg. Flute 1 and Flute 2, into one-staff-multiple-voices in engrave mode. You would want a separate part printout for every single player, but a more condensed reprensentation in the score. (Which is very common, if you look at printed scores.)
Again thanks a lot for your incredible work!!!