1.7.9 BRICKED MR816X

Thanks shanabit. I’m gonna try your suggestions. It’ll take a couple of days though, because I want to make sure that everything important is backed up first.

One thing though.

What it hiding behind etc? What do I risk missing?

MR Console, MR Eidtor, MR Extension, and especially the FW Driver. Make sure they are gone. Any prefs etc.

Now I’ve tried your suggestion. Unfortunately it didn’t work! :frowning: :cry: :imp: :imp: :imp:
I’ve tried rebooting with the MR816 turned on and turned off. I’ve also tried to turn it off and on, with the computer booted. NOTHING! I get no pop-ups what so ever. I’ve waited for 15 minutes. That should have been more then enough time for them tu pop up.

I guess that erasing the SSD and reinstalling everything is the only option left. Steinberg has won: They have forced me to buy a new interface! However, they have also lost BIG: I will NEVER touch any Steinberg branded hardware again! :imp: :smiling_imp: :imp: :smiling_imp: :imp: :smiling_imp:

Good luck there Macken

I just ordered Behringer UMC1820. I know that it’s not the best of interfaces, but it’s better than nothing. It’ll have to do 'till I can afford a better one (not made by Steinberg).

Thanx shanabit for your effort.