1 bar loop pops / clicks on repeat

ZZZBugLoopPops.zip (934.1 KB)
Hi,
Please find attached a project containing 2 loops. The original 1bar loop I imported into Cubasis pops/clicks on repeat, & does so whether in 44khz or the converted 48khz format. The 2nd loop, is the same file (that doesn’t click in any other app, eg AudioShare, Mutitrack, Zenbeats, etc) looped once, so is 2bars now, exported from 4Pockets Multitrack & reimported to Cubasis. The 2nd 2bar loop plays back perfectly in Cubasis.

The issue could be caused by Cubasis3 not converting to 48khz properly. HST, I don’t want to manually have to convert all my 44khz samples just to get them to work in Cubasis3. If this is the issue, then there should be an option in settings to automatically convert imported samples to the right format.

FYI, I tested this on an iPad mini6 using its speakers, iOS 15.6.1. Thanks.

EDIT: Justed tested my zip, & you need to put the project in a folder with the exact same name, including .cbp at the end, & the 2 wavs should be put in a folder called Audio, in this project folder.

Hi @Gdog,

Please share a short clip with us, which shows the steps leading to the issue.
Here, please make sure to include the general / audio setup setting screens as well.

Thanks
Lars

Hi Lars,
Please find attached the clip you requested. The resolution is a$$ due to this site’s 4mb limit.

To summarise it shows me creating a new project, changing to correct tempo, importing the wav from AudioShare, then looping & playing back in Cubasis with clicks clearly audible. Then it shows the Settings you requested. Also, at the end I show the wav looping perfectly in AudioShare, (but it loops correctly in everything else I tested, like Multitrack, Zenbeats, etc). Thanks

Hi @Gdog,

Thanks for the additional info, which has been shared with our engineering.

Best,
Lars

Hi @Gdog,

The issue should be fixed in the next update.

Best,
Lars

Thanks for the reply Lars, that’s good to know! :slight_smile:

Still not looping correctly after latest update…

Hi @Gdog,

Sorry to read this and shared with the team.

Best,
Lars

Hi @Gdog,

Our engineering relisted the topic.
What happens if you set latency to 1.5 ms?

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,
If I set the Latency to 1.5ms the clicks are alot less noticeable, but not completely smooth like in every other DAW/audio looper.

Also, fyi, when I change the latency in the settings it says its 1.3ms, but if I close Cubasis & reopen & look at the latency again it says 1.5ms - This also happens for the other latency settings, eg if I change back to 5.8ms, Cubasis show 5.3ms, but if I restart it goes back to 5.8ms.

Also, I have some questions about workflow:-

1. Is there no way to open Media without first opening a project? I’m pretty sure you could do this in the last version of Cubasis, & I prefer being able to browse my audio files, etc without having to load a project 1st

Answered by CJ below: (2. When creating a new project, can we not choose what type of track we want to make? - I’m pretty sure the last version of Cubasis let me choose - Now it autoloads 2 instrument tracks, that must be manually deleted every time, eg if you’re working only with audio tracks.)

Thanks

For me… Browse> templates > new project: renders a total empty instance.
Nothing preloaded.

Thanks @CJ_Monster - I didn’t see that, good to know! :+1:

Hi @Gdog,

Thanks for your updated message, which I’ve shared with our engineering.

Best,
Lars