1-line air sound in trombone part

I would like to notate air sounds in trombone part and I want to use 1-line staff to do it.
I created new 1-line percussion instrument for the trombone 1 player and changed the name of it, but it don’t work good.
See the attached picture.

The problems are:
– bracket: “air-sound” part don’t have common bracket with the rest of brass instruments. Even, when I created “group” for all brass instruments.
– staff labels: I have switched on “Staff labels for identical adjacent solo instruments”. How to still have it for tromboni parts? It should be always labeled as trombone, because “air-sound” instrument, in fact, refers only to playing technique.

You could use the Edit Instrument Names dialog to change the short name of “air” to “trbn 1”; but I don’t know how to fix the bracket problem.

instrument-change.jpeg

That’s the point. And also how to keep the properties: “staff labels for identical adjacent solo instruments”. If I change name to “trbn 1”, Dorico won’t recognise it as the same instrument, as real trombone 1 and it change the brackets.

Set the bracketing options in Engraving Options to Small Ensemble, then use groups in Setup mode to bracket how you want.

Set the bracketing options in Engraving Options to Small Ensemble, then use groups in Setup mode to bracket how you want.

This works great - thanks!

Thank you Craig F. It almost solves my problems with bracketing. Axcept the problems with secondary brackets, e.g. in violin divisi parts. There is no way to divide violins I and violins II, if I want to keep the common bracket for whole strings.
And still don’t solve the problem with "staff labels for identical adjacent solo instruments” option. Dorico won’t treat „air-sound” trombone part as a real trombone part and won’t give me one label for all my trombones.