10.0.30 Side By Side Upgrade Question (Watch Folders)

All

I am getting closer to installing 10.0.30 in a “side by side” capacity with 9.5.5 but I have a question about what this type of scenario will do to extraneous WL items like Watch Folders.

Watch Folders (via 9.5.5) is a critical piece of my voiceover workflow and I cannot have it’s operation sabotaged by installing 10.0.30 side by side and suddenly find my Watch Folders taken over by 10.0.30 (possibly left not working).

Does anyone have any telemetry on whether or not Watch Folders are impacted by a side by side upgrade? PG?

Thanks!

VP

There was no change on the watch folder side. So far there was no bug report since the release of WaveLab 10.

However, if you keep both WaveLab versions on your system, make sure to disable the watch folder of 9.5.
Else there will be a conflict if a watch folders is active for both WaveLab versions.

Well - this is the real question. Even though - as you say - there was no real changes to Watch Folders in v10 - I am nowhere near ready to use WL10 or it’s version of Watch Folders yet.

Am I able to install 10.0.30 but leave my 9.5.5 Watch Folders running until I have time to config and test the v10 version of Watch Folders properly?

I do not want to find myself in a technical jam with having v10’s version of Watch Folders suddenly “take over” and become active due to a side by side install.

VP

Am I able to install 10.0.30 but leave my 9.5.5 Watch Folders running until I have time to config and test the v10 version of Watch Folders properly?

Yes.

PG

Thanks for the update.

VP

i had to google “watch folders”… wow, what a great feature! may have to try putting these to use.