10.2 Release Date?

I hope it comes today.

Or today. Can’t wait for this version!


Come on SB. How about you were in timeline?
Can you explain us if any delay (obvious) is expected?

“User-definable” Video Export, e.g., ten seconds of video from any section of the time-line.

Yes sireebob! No more going into Premiere/FCP just to manually add crap like 2 second pip or whatever!

Wait, they talked about july 2019 or only “july”?

holly … good point :laughing:

Sadly, the promises of more communication and more frequent updates never seem to last. After a couple of posts we always get radio silence again, as if we were on the dark side of the moon with no contact with Houston.

And the silences last a lot longer than when Michael Collins was actually circling the Moon.

If we can land men on the Moon and bring them safely back to Earth, surely keeping in touch with your money source (the users) can not be that difficult.

Timo really should say something at this point. IMO communication is more important than meeting a release date for a software product like this. We all understand that it’s a very complex process to develop something like Nuendo, and for developers in general to meet release date expectations due to the myriad of unpredictable factors in development. But when things ARE delayed, for whatever reason, then communication is very important.

So come on Timo, I think a quick statement is in order, even if you don’t have a new date for 10.2, just some comment.

In fact, I’ll write the statement for you, you can just cut and paste this:

“Dear Nuendo Users, Thank you for your patience as we continue to work on our landmark Nuendo 10 release! As we’ve been going through the beta process, we encountered some areas where we want to make sure it meets our stability and quality standards. So please hang in there as we continue to refine the product and improve stability! I posted before that we expected Nuendo 10.2 in July, however we’re still working on making it as solid as possible, so we’re looking at another several weeks of refinement and quality testing before we release it. I hope you understand, and I’ll keep you posted! Thanks again for your support as we continue to make Nuendo 10 the best Nuendo ever!”

I agree. We should receive some information from Steinberg on the status of 10.2 since they did mention it was targeted for end of July.

I am sad to say that, I give up hope for the update anytime soon and any communication about such delay anytime soon.

Well, we can’t do that anymore, obviously, so this might be the reason … :confused:

ARA update was at the end of June.
Video Export schedule was announced for the July update, i guess also by (around) the end of July so iam not to worry about this little delay, maybe it will come next week, at the moment it’s only two open day “late” with July.

Hello all,

unfortunately because of some issues found during the beta-testing of Nuendo 10.2 we had to postpone the release of this version until the end of August.

I apologise for the lack of communication but being summer in Germany, some of us (myself included) were out of the office for the last couple of weeks and are just starting to get back into the office. If any new delay is necessary I will let you know immediately.

All the best,

Better safe than sorry.

Thanks for the update.

Thanks for the update! And stop taking vacations when there are bugs to fix! :wink: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

+1 :slight_smile: