10.5 Cubase (Re-Beginner): Setting Audio Output

in the mixer window ?

looking at the interface manual - monitor knob should be fully RIGHT for this testing.

When I hit play nothing changes in this mixer window …

ok if none of the ‘meters’ move at the bottom then no audio is ‘playing’ in cubase.

Can you create a NEW project in cubase - then drag a single audio file into the project and press PLAY

NO PLUGINS or anything !!!

(does that make sense ?)

Ok, I created a new empty project, dragged one audio file in (import). It’s still the same …
No sound and no mixer meter moves … I used default settings only.

It’s been a while since I was using Cubase 8 … Hope I got it correctly?

does the ‘solo’ button automatically engage on that track ?

No, I hit the solo button, but it doesn’t matter, it’s still the same …

understood - I can’t see anything obvious wrong but it’s the details that are important.

This is cubase artist ? no control room ?

Cubase LE Elements

what is odd is the meters show ‘minus infinity’ meaning NO signal has passed. That is true on the outputs AND the inputs.

When you are in ‘PLAY’ does the cursor move ? do you see any green 'LED’s moving ? what about when you record ?

Make sure solo is OFF - and nothing muted

Well the cursor definitely moves, it’s basically the only thing happening here …

I don’t know which green LED’s should be moving, but I see none. Right now I haven’t set it all up completely to test the replay, so I’m currently not recording anything. I could test that tomorrow (because it’s getting late here in Germany and I need to go to bed …)

But thanks so far for your support and your wisdom :slight_smile:

no problem - I’d really like to get you working - have a quick look at somebody playing things back on youtube to get the idea of the ‘meters’ and what should be moving.

I’m hoping it’s something really simple - and you’re not doing anything wrong - sometimes odd settings work against us !

also might be worth trying ASIO4ALL as the lexicon driver is very old.