Trash the following files in that folder

com.steinberg.cubase10v5.plist
Cubase 10.5
HALion Sonic SE
Steinberg Library Manager
com.Syncrosoft.LCC.plist

Restart Cubase

Hi,

Still the very same crash in HALion Sonic SE.

Add an Instrument Track > HALion Sonic SE. In the left-top corner, click to the HALion Sonic SE logo. HALion Sonic SE splash screen appears. In the left-bottom corner, you can see the Version. What version is it on your side, please?

Hi,

No, please, don’t do this!!!

First, if you want to trash your preferences, you have to quit Cubase first.

Then I wouldn’t strongly recommend to trash com.syncrosoft.LCC.plist, if you don’t want to have a troubles with licenses. And I don’t see a reason to trash Steinberg Library Manager.

Btw, the correct path for the preferences folder is:
Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/

Rename Cubase 10.5 and HALion Sonic SE folders here. Be careful to rename HALion Sonic SE, not HALion Sonic, please.

Chill Martin, I do this ALL THE TIME, it hurts nothing here. There are ZERO Cubase prefs in Library/Prefs here BTW.

He has his Halion SE hosed up somehow. I’ll bow out and you can help him, peace

Com.sreinberg.cubase10v5.plist
Com.syncrosoft.lcc.plist

Are not in that folder?
I deleted all the other folders
It still crashes

Com.sreinberg.cubase10v5.plist
Com.syncrosoft.lcc.plist

Are not in that folder?
I deleted all the other folders
It still crashes

Done that all accept the com.steinberg.cubase10v5.plist and the com.Syncrosoft.LCC.plist as they were not there.

Cubase still crashes’ the splash screen did stay on a little longer though.
Cubase 10.5_2020-03-26-143347_Andys-MacBook-Pro.crash (94 KB)

Still crashes
Cubase 10.5_2020-03-26-143347_Andys-MacBook-Pro.crash (94 KB)

Hi,

Still the very same crashes. Could you please provide us the HALion Sonic SE version?

How do I do that please?
I have uninstalled Cubase 10.5 and am downloading it again (for the 4th time)…
After it is down loaded and installed how can I find out what Halion SE version is please.

Andy

its downloaded should i install it?

Hi,

As I wrote already:
Add an Instrument Track > HALion Sonic SE. In the left-top corner, click to the HALion Sonic SE logo. HALion Sonic SE splash screen appears. In the left-bottom corner, you can see the Version. What version is it on your side, please?

If it’s HALion Sonic SE, then go ahead, please.

Its Cubase 10.5

Hi,

Please, download and install HALion Sonic SE update. See attached screenshot, please.

Downloading it now, should I install Cubase first? or just Halion SE

installed Halion SE and also Cubase 10.5.12
I can open the Halion SE stand alone (2.7.10, v3.4.0.101) but Cubase still crashes.

Hi,

If Cubase has been installed already, you don’t have to install it again. If it has not been installed, you can install it already, the order doesn’t really matter here.

But, to be honest, I have just learned, where I can read the HALion Sonic SE version from the *.crash dump (thank you my hero!!! :wink:) and your HALion Sonic SE version is already the latest one. Apologise for my poo knowledge here.

And one more apologies, you can start HALion Sonic SE as a standalone.

I think I should go out and change my profession. :smiley:

I have to say, I come out of ideas now.