Thanks for the reply Fretdoc
Indirectly, I have already cleard the Temp directories, and this had no impact. I can;t find any Steinberg/Cubase related Prefernece directories though.
As update to let anyone who is interested in my progress on this know, I have still not resilved the issue.
Over the weekend I tried the following to no avail:
- Clean install of Windows 7 Pro 64 bit + MOBO driveres + Cubase 8
- Moved all my files into internal drives
- removed all external connection
- tried my UFX using firewire instead of USB
- removed all internal cards (except the Quadro 600 graphics card)
- removed the additional 8 GB of ram I had added
- changed the power supply
- played with every setting in the power management utility of the motherboard
- tried different power profiles under windows
(not all at the same time)
Things I think I have noticed along the way:
- the problem only happens when running cubase
- the problem only happens when cubase is processing audio files ( ie playing through long ‘blank’ sections of a project does not cause problems
- problem occurs more often when there is a high load (according to the cubase performance meter) (However it will occur regardless of how low the load is - just less frequently)
Unless I think of something else, the only options I have left to try are:
- take out the quadro graphics card
- change processor
- change motherboard
These last options are made even more difficult as I guess, apart from the great cost, windows will need to be revalidated…not sure I would want to go through this for a test.