100% FLAT GUI for Next Cubase

If you consider that an option, then I would go with that. If you’re suggesting it as a fundamental design decision, then I’d be against it.

Currently, I think Cubase’s UI is “just fine” - there’s been a lot of detail work done in recent years that I consider to be meaningful incremental improvements. A complete change would initially irritate many users and some would not like it at all - so something like this would only be acceptable to me personally if I as a user can freely decide whether I want it or not.

On top of my wish list are additional factory presets for the color schemes, more options for scaling the UI etc.

I would suggest that you re-read the comments you have made in this thread, if I may.
Are you sure that you want a flat GUI? You mention that you don’t like Studio One , you are aware that it has one of the “flattest” GUIs (from v3 onwards*) among the more wide-spread DAWs?
“Simpler”, as you mention in a post, is most definitely not equal to flat GUI.
If I may suggest, please try to come clean on what it is you actually want before you fire off such a horrible thing as a feature request for a flat GUI.
Thank you.

Here’s something to think about:

(*) : you may not be aware, but afaik, Studio One re-added a bit of 3D effect to some of its buttons because users were not so happy with it, it seems.
(My personal opinion is that they shot themselves in the foot with that GUI, but my opinion doesn’t matter).

1 Like

We don’t need another Microsoft Excel (Ableton Live) Imo, But… People deserve to have an option to change it from settings

1 Like

I wanted to vote against flat GUI, but I can’t? Now it’s a vote for… God forbids that they continue with this flat nonsense where you can’t tell text/LED/meter from a button

1 Like

What enhancement to the application would that bring? My bug bear over the years is that there were far too many Gui look and feel changes making it harder for the user base to find their way around after each release

Please no, don’t make it flat and dead

Ableton’s flat interface looks pretty, but when it comes to quickly discerning elements/information, it’s awful. The lack of a clearly defined visual hierarchy is difficult to work with, especially for an instrument that’s designed as a live performance tool.

Visual identification is quick and easy in Cubase. Flat interfaces are popular, though. Perhaps Steinberg can develop a theme for those who want it.

1 Like