100% Performance Load Spikes

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Ok guys so I have been putting quite alot of effort into my Steinberg Cubase Youtube playlists which are separated into 3 different playlists, being:

(1) Steinberg Cubase v8.0.30 Bugs, Errors & Performance Reporting (main purpose being having baseline test results to compare with the newer Cubase Pro 8.5)

(2) Steinberg Cubase v8.5.20 Bugs, Errors & Performance Reporting (main purpose doing replicated tests to observe differences both positive and negative)

(3) Steinberg Cubase v8.5.20 Feature Requests & Suggestions (self explanatory, please don’t get too upset by my bias…)

PLEASE NOTE:
My very first 3 video uploads in my Steinberg Cubase v8.0.30 Bugs, Errors & Performance Reporting Playlist are terrible quality and are made with a very old 6mp camera with crap settings. I fixed the quality from video 4 onwards by using screen capture video software.

Also, if you had previously watched any of my uploads, there may have been some missing information in the video descriptions and or might have been missing some youtube “on screen annotations” (which don’t work on mobile apparently) and generally tidied up information reports etc.
It is very important to read the video descriptions to my videos to understand the context more in depth.

I have provided links in the video descriptions for any comparable / replicated tests between the versions.

I would greatly appreciate if some people at Steinberg could take a little bit of time and have a little bit of patience to start observing my Youtube channel when possible.

I am just trying to be helpful and most of all I just want to make music and have fun while doing so while having confidence in my DAW.

There is huge potential still to be unlocked in Cubase with all the options we already have available with some clever thinking.

Lastly, my apologies for being a downer and disrespectful towards Cubase, but things like Abletons Max for Live are so much more powerful and interesting to the DAW environment compared to things like Cubase 8.5 new VST Cloud, VST Transit, VST Connect, Chord Pad & Chord Track, VariAudio (for singers who can’t sing), Automatic Menu Pop Outs from inconvenient areas and more messy.
I understand that Cubase caters to a large array of musicians etc and these things might be exciting for people but it just seems Cubase is trying to play catch up with Pro Tools or something, appealing more to the live sound of things.

Don’t forget about us wacky Electronic producers and sound designers too.

Thankyou

P.S. Here is the replicated comparable test of Cubase Pro 8.5.20 100% VST Performance Spike - Test #1

Positives:
(1) Unable to replicate the issue in Test #1
(2) Noticeable stability improvements while using the Tools on the Arrangement Track.
(3) Arrangement Track Cursor playback position is not freezing / lagging as much while using Toolbar Tools.

Negatives:
(1) Split Tool and Time Warp Tool are still causing significant Arrangement Track Playback Cursor position freezing / lag.

Please read videos descriptions, thanks.

and please don’t hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance with Beta testing or providing new tests you want me to do, or any additional information.

As you can see in the Cubase Pro v8.0.30 100% VST Performance Spike Test, v8.0.30 has been running pretty damn awful on my system specs.

Thanks for your time and patience.

I have the same problem but discovered 1 fix that helped me a lot, try this:
1 Start Cubase
2 open “Task Manager” (ctrl + alt + esc)
3 click on tab “Details”
4 find the Cubase icon and right click on it
5 from the drop down menu go to “Set priority” and choose “Realtime”

You can do the same for all important audio programs (audio drivers, Kontakt, etc.)

Close all and restart Cubase.
Now Cubase runs with the highest possible priority and most of windows background processes are behind.
Unfortunately this doesn’t fix the spike problem entirely but definitely make it less noticeable :slight_smile:

Hope this helps