100% Random Spikes with VE PRO 5 VST2 Plug In

I have been trying to use ASIO GUARD 2 but get random 100% ASIO spikes when using ASIO GUARD 2.

I have 13 instances of VE PRO 5 VST3 plug ins and 21 instances of VE PRO 5 VST2 plugins. Removing all the VST2 plugins or disabling the ASIO GUARD 2 active status to the VST2 plug versions eliminates the problem. Having 1 or 2 instances might not cause the problem, but having a bunch of them causes the spikes.

Hello,

VE PRO VST2 does not support ASIO-Guard 2 you have to disable ASIO GUARD, also VSL has to implement a VST-3 interface that supports ASIO- Guard.

They have been informed about this.

Best regards,
GN

That explains the VST2 issue.

Disappointed to see on VE PRO forum that they say they have done all they can with the audio delay when you first choose a VE PRO track in Cubase.

Here is Vienna’s Response…

Originally Posted by: dlpmusic Go to Quoted Post
VE PRO VST2 does not support ASIO-Guard 2 you have to disable ASIO GUARD, also VSL has to implement a VST-3 interface that supports ASIO- Guard.

They have been informed about this.

The latest VST SDK available for download is 3.6.0, built 22 nov 2013. There is no way to inform the host of ASIO Guard support within this SDK, beyond setting the instrument as an external instrument - which also disables offline bounce. Last I heard, you planned to release such an update last month. If you have any updated information, I would love to take part of it.

Thanks,

Martin Saleteg
Software Developer
Vienna Symphonic Library GmbH