11.0.20 - no thanks...i guess

Dude do a simple test. Remove the three or so plugins you used and then restart the project and see if one of them is causing the issue. You could have trouble shot that within minutes

Had you read properly, you’d get that I get issues in all kinds of situations with different plugins and things I do each time. And again, I am not going to do Steinberg’s work here anymore. And again, even if I did, from my experience, reporting issues is pointless, as they remain unanswered, unfixed and / or discussed away.

2 Likes

Sounds like you’re not doing your own work too be honest… You think people who own API and Neve consoles don’t do their own troubleshooting, maintenance, and cleaning? You’re essentially saying, that Steinberg needs to make Cubase work flawlessly on every system, to every variable, with every plugin even if the plugin devs haven’t updated it. It’s like, if you take your CPU out of the socket, Cubase isn’t going to work mate.

And you wonder why none of your issues are getting fixed??? Because you don’t troubleshoot, you have no idea what’s wrong with your system. I’ve had many many issues fixed by Steinberg, in the last release they fixed AutoLFO which was a direct result of my troubleshooting, and before that they fixed StepDesigner not saving CC setup with the preset. And before that, they fixed Direct Out slot 1 not deactivating/activating properly nor tied with QLink. I could go on and on. Why? Because I do the work on my end, troubleshoot, figure out if it’s intermittent or reproducible, make video GIFs, do variations of tests, etc, etc - AND GUESS WHAT, IT GETS FIXED.

Send me your project file and I’ll try and open it here. I have most third party plugins

So you’re just here trolling? Are you a dev for another DAW? I don’t get it.

This doesn’t make sense. I’m a Mac user I have very few issues. And mine are usually because I’m pushing the system to it’s max. Your issue is not cubase my friend. There’s something else going on in your set up. Audio card maybe. Too many simultaneous programmes running. Wrong project settings. Buffet size. Who knows man. Wanted to help you but Im getting the impression you kind of don’t want it to be fixed or you would have jumped at the chance of free tech support ha. Strange. But I’m signing off this thread. Good luck

Lotta assumptions there, luke. OTOH it is a fact that things went south for me at 11, and got worse, particularly stability-wise with both updates. I would in all probability have the exact same experience I did when I moved back to 10.5 before. I may well do any minute, I’d lose the global window in Key Editor and ramp curves in controller lanes. The former I’m rather used to and I am stubborn

1 Like

I could send you a project file, no doubt, but you’d have to have a lot of things I tend to doubt you have.
You will have to have VE Pro (NB: performed fine during the life of C10), numerous Synchron Player libraries, Vienna Suite Pro, BFD3 and the exact things I’m using (and weird stuff too) to gauge performance really at all. That’s a nice offer but it seems like a reach from here. It might be considered a heavy project to some but I removed my Absynth and the project now just wasn’t taxing CPU (the Absynth is stupid, with 20s envelopes and while it may not be apparent in the numbers displayed, the CPU has to be allowed time, incessant playback is going to be problematic) or RAM. It probably isn’t the load, but to rule it out you have to have that load.

I have complex setups on both Mac and PC’s and projects can get fairly big as we also do post with a combo of mixing and composition. I rarely get crashes on either system and when I do, when looking at the crash dump, they are often plugin related.

If my system was causing the experience you highlight, I’d refactor or dump it in a heartbeat as clearly something there must be amiss. My systems are configured to work well with my DAWs of choice, carefully selected plugs and instruments of choice e.g. VEP Pro 7, Kontakt, Softube, UAD, Roland to name a few. It maybe why after many years of use my experience with Cubase and Nuendo has been one I continue to be very happy with. I’ve been with Cubase since the SX days and would absolutely counter your experience from V10 to 11. For me V11 has been great! Offering zero show stopping issues allowing me to continue to deliver for my clients.

I’ve been testing a new maxed out M1 mini. Again and surprisingly, zero issues post following all the advice from vendors. This is a clean install starting with 11.0.20 so this may be a factor.

2 Likes

To see if it is, I have removed all traces of Cubase I could find (again, did that a few weeks ago already) and do a fresh installation again. This time, I’ll make sure double, as I also removed Cubase 10.5.30 that I kept as a fallback solution. I’ll tinker around for a bit and report if it did any good.

How does anyone have enough time, to use 11 other DAWS enough to know whether they are stable or not in comparison to any other.

Also you can’t honestly believe that Ableton is going to use the same resources and code as a program like Cubase. Cubase probably abstracts more from the VST SDK DAW side than other DAWs do as well. I’m pretty sure not every DAW has to abstract every component and utility offered in the SDK so it’s possible that a plugin with issues might be revealed on one DAW and not the other. Unfortunately, we can’t really know because you’re unwilling to troubleshoot to both help yourself, help the Steinberg Devs, and help other users in the community either avoid your issues or resolve them when the stumble across the solutions in the thread… You just want to cross your arms and slump into your grumpy pants instead lol.

Let us help you mate, it will be okay.

edit

tbh, mate it sounds like you’re a due for a clean install of the entire computer. I do this about every 2 years or so, start from scratch, bust out my previous install journal, and start a new one and take notes bit by bit, driver by driver, testing, checking performance, and then installing the DAW and bit by bit installing plugins and running my test templates. And I reduce the amount of plugins I have by not installing the ones I don’t use anymore.

It always results in a better functioning system.

So, while it might be a bit too early to celebrate, but removing all traces of Cubase 11 AND 10.5, then doing a clean installation of 11.0.20 seems to improve my situation a lot!

While I have done a reinstall and clearing preferences a few weeks / months ago with 11.0.10, it didn’t help. But it seems to me that:

• keeping multiple Cubase versions on the system is causing issues OR
  • the update process with the Download Manager was or is a bit faulty

at least on Mac. After this reinstall, I did not encounter freezes or crashes within an hour of tinkering around with multiple plugins, so this is a good sign and a huge improvement. I really, really hope things work smoothly now!

1 Like

Just for clarity for other Mac users:

Keeping multiple cubase versions does not cause issues.

The update process using the download manager is not faulty.

Glad you got it sorted.

2 Likes

What help is insulting people’s intelligence and impugning their integrity and bringing in owners of Neve consoles and such in (logic fail)? I will have ignored this in favor of it being removed (even better a mute function, you’re using a lot of screen space), it is not in the least collegial or helpful. I did flag it as such.

1 Like

I say what is on my mind, take it how you want. But I’ve helped a lot of people on this forum, if someone is being annoyingly difficult… It’s probably best someone points it out to them.

Ok, but what that will bring out in others is not good. Full stop, not good. I could tell you quite a lot that’s on my mind about your posts, but it would not be good. I won’t escalate, as you have. Take a hint or don’t.

I love a good back and forth so I’d tell you to hit me with what you got, but I wouldn’t waste your time as a mod will probably come and “clean up” (no fun), especially now that you told on me.

I’m someone who will tell you when you look like sh!t, and tell you when you look good. And I look like sh!t almost all the time.

There is something I need to point out to you… :wink: