13.0.40 update not a happy experience, rolling back

I have never had to roll back an update before but this one has lost all my presets, in spite of RAMPresets still listing them. But unfortunately in spite of doing this my CR presets are still missing! Not only that, but since updating, Cubase has started up as if it had crashed, in spite of shutting down as I always do. :exploding_head:

I am just about at the end of my tether with you, Steinberg. Your quality control is an absolute joke. I can’t think of another app that’s had so many glitches down the years but losing my presets really takes the biscuit. I have lost all faith in your ability to produce ‘industry standard software’; if this is industry standard then the industry’s in trouble.

I just can’t trust you any more… :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Windows or Mac?
Thanks for letting me know.

We need one stickied complaint thread that people can emo dump into, instead of polluting the forums with all these discrete general complaint threads.

7 Likes

Emo dump? Polluting? And what does ‘discrete general complaints’ even mean?

No problem, glad to be of service. I’m on Windows.

1 Like

Who runs Steinberg now? It wouldn’t be Fujitsu, would it, by any chance?

1 Like

Yamaha.

Subaru.

1 Like

a complete OS install just because the update of Cubase gives you issues, that’s huge. Would it not be wiser to make a Systemcopy/Backup of the C-drive right before an update(or Windows-update)? That’s what I’ve been doing for years now. Quick and easy to do, and if needed the backup is just as easy to recover and the computer is back top where it was before any update and work can be proceeded.

1 Like

On reflection, I think this is an excellent idea and should be taken up; it would keep everything together. But please, don’t spoil things with unwarranted adjectives - sorry - verbs. Fair enough? :grin:

I rolled back to 12 and suddenly everything became smoother. After half a year of struggling with 13, along with the drag and dismay it has brought, I think it’s safe to announce that it’s a total failure. Hope they’ll do it better in 14.

4 Likes

I have never had to roll back an update before but this one has lost all my presets, in spite of RAMPresets still listing them. But unfortunately in spite of doing this my CR presets are still missing! Not only that, but since updating, Cubase has started up as if it had crashed, in spite of shutting down as I always do. :exploding_head:

I am just about at the end of my tether with you, Steinberg. Your quality control is an absolute joke. I can’t think of another app that’s had so many glitches down the years but losing my presets really takes the biscuit. I have lost all faith in your ability to produce ‘industry standard software’; if this is industry standard then the industry’s in trouble.

I just can’t trust you any more:disappointed_relieved:

I’m sorry, but how does what I wrote not track?

There are a lot of threads that pop up from people just dumping their emotions and frustrations onto the forum. It would be nice if we had one mega thread where people can do this. It would also make it easier for whoever from Steinberg watches this forum to triage those complaints (sorry… “reports”).

Of course it’s an excellent idea.

The extra words - adjectives and verbs - were necessary. They actually mean something and your inability to understand what is written doesn’t render them unnecessary.

Given the colorful language in your OP, I don’t think you are in a position to tell me how to formulate what I say on a forum.

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

Hello! If someone has a rollback download for Windows I’d take it! Ty

Have you tried looking in the WIN64 subfolder in the downloads folder as defined in the Download Assistant?

Just in case this is your issue: did you see that I’d discovered that the update had for reasons best known to itself switched the Control Room off? Switch it back on and your presets will reappear. Not sure it’s a 100% remedy, though; my Mixer was no longer full-screen (suspicious) but I can’t be sure about how well the settings have been preserved because I’ve been fiddling about with it recently. But I always use it full-screen, which is why my dev-antennae are twitching. I’ve also had an issue with restarts going into Safe Mode, without any indication of it not having shut down properly. Never did it before this update.

Btw, rolling back to 13.0.30 didn’t solve the CR issue.

Good luck!

Having issues with a system can be frustrating.
Most of the time, it’s the driver in the front seat the cause and not the manufacturer.

I mean, I’ve personally had issues in the past with my systems.
To assume the cause is mainly from the developer/manufacturer it’s just to easy.

Steinberg has been around for so long and is a leader for innovation.

I personally use Mac and Pc
Win 10. C12 pro 12.0.70 babyface pro fs.
Long hours of production can reach 130 tracks easy.

Sonoma M2pro C13 Element UR22C
Long hours of sound design and recording with no issues.

Win 11 C12 pro 12.0.70
Audio editing for video.
Long hours no issues.

I use iLock software with licensed plugins and rarely have majors issues.
When something comes up, I post in this forum.
There is always someone that is kind enough to assist and give advice. Issue is resolved and back working.

Oliver

It doesn’t seem like much has changed between releases. C13.0.40 still has the blurry fader caps and blurry values. I had a view with just the meter bridge and the faders and it won’t resize. I still prefer the mixer in C12. I really don’t want to spend time troubling shooting the issues. I’m just going to keep using C12.

1 Like