16 bits export just as big as 24 bits when replacing

I’ll send a friend of mine a file and ask him how it shows up on his PC. Maybe that will give us a clue.

I sent the file to a friend of mine who works with PT on PC. He says the file reads 16 bit and still has the size of a 24 bit file on his Windows machine. No surprises there.

I think this should be classified as a bug that occurs on Mac systems (be it Lion or Mountain Lion). Fredo, any chance of Steinberg looking into this matter? Maybe it could be added to the BugBase?

Thanks and best regards to everyone that responded in this thread,

Martijn.

that’s very interesting. good catch.

What has support said?

Nothing so far :slight_smile:

Wait, that was rethorical, wasn’t it?

No. Are you saying that you contacted support and they either couldn’t reproduce it or aren’t responding?

Neither. I was trying to see if anyone connected to Steinberg would respond in this thread. But it seems I will probably be better off filling out a support request form. Maybe that will get things rolling.

Well, I just sort of assumed you’d have contacted support. After all the official line is that this forum is not an official support forum.

I know. I have contacted support the official way yesterday, so we’ll see what happens.

Too bad there is hardly any 2 way communication with Steinberg on this Forum. They could certainly benefit from the experiences of all the Nueno users taking the time and effort to write about them.

Yeah, I know.

Support got back to me saying they (Yamaha Nuendo Support) were able to reproduce the behaviour and forwarded it to Steinberg. Sounds good. :slight_smile:

See these are the sorts of things that makes me continuously weary of using this app professionally. I just don’t see how an app can pass QC/beta with something like this. It seems to me that a proper test would be a series of real-world tests where the test user goes through the most basic and common functions in order to produce something. And then that’s checked.

I just don’t get it…

I know what you mean. And then there’s the question: how long will it take to get fixed?

What amazes me the most is the ongoing inability to import an AAF. I mean, come on, this is what I have to do daily. If it worked in 5.1, how long can it take to write a fix for 5.5?

Anyway, we’ll see how it goes. I don’t want to sound too negative, because I like working with Nuendo. It’s just that some basic things need to be fixed asap if they want to continue to refer to this application as Pro Audio Post.