16th note in a bar

Recently, when I visited a bar in Vienna, I found 16 notes. None of them was relevant to me. So I decided to return to my quarter.

This reply makes me question what you actually drank in that bar :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

I was in that same bar when 3 notes came in - a C an Eb and a G - they were promptly kicked out as the bar didn’t serve minors …

:laughing: delicious :wink:

Aloha guys. Just to chime in.

Here is the full quote/joke: (gotta have a lil music theory in ya to really get it all)

So a C, an E-flat and a G walk into a bar. The bartender says, “sorry, but we don’t serve minors.” So E-flat leaves, and C and G have an open fifth between them. After a few drinks, the fifth is diminished and G is out flat. F comes in and tries to augment the situation, but is not sharp enough.
A D comes in and heads for the bathroom saying, “Excuse me. I’ll just be a second.” Then A comes in, but the bartender is not convinced that this relative of C is not a minor. Then the bartender notices B-flat hiding at the end of the bar and says, “Get out! You’re the seventh minor I’ve found in this bar tonight.”
E-Flat comes back the next night in a three-piece suit with nicely shined shoes. The bartender says, “you’re looking sharp tonight. Come on in, this could be a major development.” Sure enough, E-flat soon takes off his suit and everything else, and is au natural. Eventually, C, who had passed out under the bar the night before, begins to sober up and realizes in horror that he’s under a rest.
So, C goes to trial, is convicted of contributing to the diminution of a minor and sentenced to 10 years of DS without Coda at an up scale correctional facility. The conviction is overturned on appeal, however, and C is found innocent of any wrongdoing, even accidental, and that all accusations to the contrary are bassless.
The bartender decides, however, that since he’s only had tenor so patrons, the soprano out in the bathroom and everything has become alto much treble, he needs a rest and closes the bar.

{‘-’}

Haha :slight_smile:

it is so nice to see how a simple joke Triggers so much creativity in this Forum!

Thaank you all guys :slight_smile:

Ernst

I just hope funkman got an answer to the question.

I believe we successfully hi-jacked this thread.

Apologies to funkman.
{‘-’}

Hi curteye, you are right. My appologies to the OP!

I think the first reply by vic was accurate and helpful.

Funkman, if you Need additional help, please don’t hesitate.

BR, Ernst