1st VST Connect Pro Session Pending: Connection Question

Just sent you a personal message. Let’s hook up in 45mins from now.

… did it work?

/Michael.

Yes, we were able to get a connection and do a quick test recording. We did realise though that in order to receive all HD audio files, the session and connection has to remain open - seems kind of obvious when I think about it!

Just finished my second test with a friend of mine who does sound design (NOT set up for music). He was just sending me multiple signals (all speech) through the 4 mics he’d hooked up to his PT 002 interface. It worked great and this time we left the session open long enough for me to get the HD files.

That process works like bounce and replace. I didn’t get NEW tracks added to the project window because (I’m assuming here) there wasn’t any simultaneous recording of the signals. So, now I’m ready to call the drummer back and see what happens with that session.

Thanks so much Simon for all of your help. I have a much clearer understanding of the program now. But SB should know that the document that they’re loosely describing as a manual is, considered by every pro that I’ve run into who read it, a “swiss cheese” joke! If I hadn’t seen the videos and had this one on one session with Simon, I wouldn’t have ever been able to get this thing to turn on! So thanks again, Happy Holidays to one and all and I’ll report back the results of the drum session test as soon as it can be arranged. :mrgreen:

Good luck with the drum test and don’t forget what I mentioned (in my last pm) about activating all the necessary channels to REC in Multitrack Mode. Merry Xmas.