2.1 sound system issues

Hi guys!

Problems problems!

I’m using the TASCAM 144 MkII in Cubase LE5. From my TASCAM, the sound goes to my sound system (a bluray player) in stereo (red and white cable thingy). From there, the sound is routed to a 2.1 installation, a L and R box and a subwoofer.

Now, when I tried panning the sound in Cubase to left and right, I noticed that the L box is hooked to the subwoofer… meaning, things panned to the right dont use the subwoofer, those panned to the left do. Which means I cant use panning at all…

I’m certain my sound system is hooked correctly. However, there doesnt seem to be an option in Cubase or the Tascam to use 2.1, or is there? Am I overlooking something here?

Cubase (full version) does hav a 2.1 option. But since your Blu-ray player only has a 2.0 stereo input, that will not help you anything. I´d say, your system is not hooked up correctly.

Hm, now that you mention it… I do have loads of other input options on my Bluray, optical component etcetera, asides from stereo (without subwoofer). Are there other ways of hooking up the Tascam to such a bluray? Because, as far as I know, the Tascam only has Stereo and Midi out…

Well, you´ll simply have to check which digital formats the blu-ray and the Tascam support…