2/4 Beaming options?

Hi guys, I had a look through here and I’ve tried all the combinations that I can find of time signature options and beaming options in Engraving options, but I can’t seem to find a combination that gets what I need…

I can do it manually with the beam together but there’s lots of bars like this so I’d like to find an option if possible to do it through engraving options…

24 beaming

I’d like the first bar but it’s defaulting to the second one at the moment…

P

Go to Notation Options (Ctrl-shift n). Under Beam Grouping select “Break beams at rests” That worked for me when using your example.

Thanks for your reply @MaurizioR , I think you’ve misunderstood, I want the beams over the rests, not have them broken (the first bar in my pic above is what I need)

When I use the ‘Allow rests within beams and at start and end of beams’ Option, I get this:

Which is close… But when I use the ‘Allow rests within beams option’ I get the 2nd bar in my previous pic…

P

I automatically get the beam to join as in your first measure when I type the eighth notes in from scratch. Not sure that I changed any defaults (sorry for the long image).

Thanks Derek.

I just set all those options exactly as yours are and it still won’t beam over the rests… I tried putting a section in 4/4 to see if that made any difference but it didn’t…

P

Did you try Reset Beaming on the passage? If the beams aren’t changing as you change settings, they have overrides that need to be reset.

I was using the options on newly input notes, Mark…

Now, I’ve come back to it and tried it again and it works… I don’t know how or why but it’s working now. Don’t touch anything…

P