2 questions (demoing Nuendo)

Hi,
I have two problems.

1. Is it really so that Nuendo Audio Alignment tool can’t process audio if there are edits in selected clips? I’m used to use Soundradix Auto Align Post with PT and with that you can select as many clips as you want (including edits/fades/etc).
  2. I’ve been using AJA T-TAP for picture monitoring (TB2>T-TAP>HDMI). It works well with PT Ultimate (with the same computer setup I’m testing Nuendo), but with Nuendo I’m having a really sluggish/frame dropping picture. Prores Proxy in use. In Studio>Studio Setup I have set the picture format to correct format.
    EDIT: _Didn’t noticed this before. It seems that Nuendo isn’t supporting AJA. https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/fr/articles/115000808250-Video-support-in-Nuendo-Cubase-and-Dorico_

I would really like to get these two problems solved, because otherwise I’m liking Nuendo.

Correct, no AJA support (yet).

I asked about this long ago, just when new video engine was introduced and never got any info about it from Steinberg.
I had to buy BM instead.

Sadly this isn’t going well.

I found that one of my favourite plugins is causing crash on launch. Izotope RX 7 voice de noise (realtime). At least with my current setup.

One track in a pretty small project (inserts) :

RX 7 Voice De Noise
RX 7 Mouth De Click
Neutron 3
NS1 (Waves)

If I remove Voice De Noise -plugin, no crash on launch. Actually I had many of them, but one is enough to cause crash.

Voice De Noise doens’t cause crash with every project I have done, only with this one project. Odly enough I’m able to open the same project if I first open another project which is including Voice De Noise. Very strange.

Or if I don’t add it into a first insert slot e.g:

RX 7 Mouth de click
RX 7 Voice De Noise
Neutron 3
NS1

No crash. :slight_smile:

I’ve never seen that behavior with Voice De Noise. That said, you might try using it as a Direct Offline Process. Much better way to do it IMO. john

Yes, I really like the idea of DOP but what if I want to change one parameter (like noise reduction gain). Let’s say I have 50 clips/edits in a one track. Is there a quick way to add changes to all clips if they already have that noise reduction plugin (DOP)?
Using realtime plugin it’s just a one db move down and it affects immediately to all clips in a track, but what about when using DOP? Can I update all those 50 NR settings easily somehow?

yes, you can just select all clips and it will show the voice denoise for all of them. They are going to be all the same and you can adjust them all in one go.
Personally I like using Voice Denoise as an insert plugin, because I can automate parameters. It gives me much more controll in dialog tracks where I can ride the general Reduction Parameter. No crashes with voice denoise, but I don’t have it in the first Insert slot in my templates.

Remove the VST2 versions of your Izotope plugins.

Fredo

1. Is it really so that Nuendo Audio Alignment tool can’t process audio if there are edits in selected clips? I’m used to use Soundradix Auto Align Post with PT and with that you can select as many clips as you want (including edits/fades/etc).

I found that using macros it’s possible to do ref (one clip) > target (events) +apply using two key commands (or by two Eucon commands). Still it’s painfully slow compared to Auto Align Post which can process all edited audio clips by a single click.

Somehow I missed this even I thought I tried it. Thanks. It’s working.
I couldn’t reproduce Voice Denoise crash with other Projects I tried. Even if I used the same Template to create them. (Fredo) I have only VST+VST3 version installed.

Next problem. VCA tracks. Isn’t it possible to add more than one VCA connection to a single track?
With PT I use e.g. Mx master aux which is controlled by VCA dipper fader (undipped music signal goes from send (pre) to undipped DME track etc).
That same Mx track is also part of Loudness VCA fader. Easy way to set R128 level by adjusting just one fader when your mix is ready.
Of course there are other ways to do that, but the real question was, is it possible to add two VCA connections in a single track?

You can only assign a track to one VCA.
Significant limitation compared to PT.