2 small feature suggestions

Bowing - it would be helpful if the program could display (perhaps just when holding down a key) the up/down bow strokes for a part as they would naturally fall based on the bow marks that have already been inserted. That way, I can see where additional marking would be wise, without having to keep track of up/down through each phrase. Hopefully this makes some sense. Especially helpful when writing parts for less experienced players.
Also, perhaps I’m the only one, but (again, for less experienced players) sometimes I add more explicit instructions in repeat structures, e.g. “D.S. al Coda, back to m.33”. It would be nice if the custom text field for repeat markers enabled me to insert a line break mid-text, so I can keep the longer text appropriately contined toward the pertinent barline.
That said, know that I’m grateful for the work the team continues to pour into Dorico.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @Lubbock!

You can actually do this by entering your text into another program as you wish it to appear, and then copy that into the Custom text field. I just go to Project Info and use the Other information field to do this. You will just need to adjust the vertical position of it.

1 Like

Nice workaround. Wouldn’t have thought of that. Thanks so much!

1 Like