2 small ideas that I think would be improvements for Cubase

1. Show transport cursor position in project overview. During recording, this will let me know how close I’m getting to the end of my project space.

2. Red clip light auto-fade. I’d like to have the red clip light automatically and gradually fade out over anywhere from 6 - 15 seconds or so (being able to manually choose the time in seconds would be ideal). That way it’ll stay long enough that I’m not going to miss noticing that it came on, but that way I don’t have to click it to make it disappear. The way I’d like to see it work: If it clips again before completely fading, the red light will return to full strength and start fading out again. If I really want it to disappear immediately, I can click it and it still goes away immediately.

The other (lock locators) idea suggestion I gave is in this thread.

Is to have the locators moveable only when holding down ctrl. Otherwise, I would like to be able to click a thousand times anywhere on that upper bar and not have the locators move.

and another idea I’ve added further down in the thread:

Another option I’d really like, regarding zooming by clicking and dragging on the ruler, would be to have a checkbox in the Preferences that prevents the transport cursor from being repositioned when you click + drag on the ruler to zoom during playback.

I sometimes like to zoom in an out in this manner to inspect things, but don’t want the playback to be interrupted. If I just single click on the ruler, then yes, it’s because I’m wanting to move the cursor there, but if I’m clicking and dragging during playback, as best as I can recall, it’s only ever because I want to zoom in at that point, but don’t want the cursor and consequently the playback moving to where I click + dragged.

+1 on both!

Um… why was this moved? They’re ideas for Cubase, specifically, and hopefully, for Cubase 6. The Music Lounge forum is for “General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.” Nothing to do with Cubase.

Hi Delicieux

+1 to both of your requests, and i share your curiosityas to why this was moved away from the Cubase forum. This is a solid ‘feature request’

All the best
Glyn

In the last forum we were told we would have a dedicated Feature Request forum for supported products and this is it since there is now “made with cubase” as well.

Another option I’d really like, regarding zooming by clicking and dragging on the ruler, would be to have a checkbox in the Preferences that prevents the transport cursor from being repositioned when you click + drag on the ruler to zoom during playback.

I sometimes like to zoom in an out in this manner to inspect things, but don’t want the playback to be interrupted. If I just single click on the ruler, then yes, it’s because I’m wanting to move the cursor there, but if I’m clicking and dragging during playback, as best as I can recall, it’s only ever because I want to zoom in at that point, but don’t want the cursor and consequently the playback moving to where I click + dragged.