2nd Page of score does not fill page like the first

Newbie here transferred from Finale. The 2nd page of my score does not fill the page like the first page. In the first page all staves range from top to bottom and are spaced well. In the second page they are bunched up in the top half of the page. I know there’s a simple answer but after fooling around with master pages I still cannot find it. All help appreciated.

Layout Options–Vertical Spacing–Vertical Justification. Set the percentage to a lower value. When the page becomes X% full, it will expand to fill the entire page.

I wholeheartedly recommend this excellent Discover Dorico session on YouTube for everything you ever wanted to know about vertical justification and spacing, but were afraid to ask:

4 Likes

Thanks, Dan - perfect solution.

Thanks db! I’ll check it out.

dpspreadbury - I finally viewed this excellent tutorial. I will have to go through it a few more times to be sure I understand everything but this is exactly the in-depth tutorial I was looking for. Thanks again.

1 Like

What a great tutorial, even if I knew almost everything, I could learn some very significant details.
My favorite part begins at about 45:40 “Why do we get this big gap …”
This was for me the clearest explanation of why and when vertical justification applies.
Much recommended :slight_smile:

2 Likes