3 and out

I was told that snow lepard was my top OS what ever that is . And that it was do to a 32 bit EFI . And it is no secret that a 3.0 year old mac is out the loop so to speak .In the end I totaly stand on the conviction that I want at least a 10 year return on investment. And not to ruffle feathers I dont feel a bit shy to say it . Although for the Mac lover it might seem pushy. But oh well sorry.For those who can pay to play with the cool stuff I say go on ahead. Its all good I have two dead Macs under the desk in here Want one? Thank you for posting KPM

10.7 Lion runs on a number of Intel Macs that have a 32-bit EFI, but also have a 64-bit processor.
Go to “About This Mac” under the Apple Menu:
If your processor is Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon, you’re good for OS 10.7 Lion.
If your processor is Core Solo or Core Duo, you’re no good for OS 10.7 Lion.
http://support.apple.com/kb/SP629

I’m pretty sure all of the Mac Pro’s had 64-bit processors, and they’re all good through 10.7 Lion. Some of them just won’t do 10.8 Mountain Lion, is all. (Could be wrong, but I don’t think so. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.)

globewarmer, sorry for all the posts, but I suggest you call the sales number I posted above (1-800-My-Apple) and ask them. I think one of the reasons they’re selling 10.7 (Lion) only by phone is to ensure that your system will take it. If it will work, they will then probably sell you both Snow Leopard (if you don’t have it yet), and Lion.

Not at all, thank you for posting and the fact is very mutch that I am not near clear enought on the OSX update path. And I am thankfull to check this out. To use what I have for more time would be a gift indeed. Thank you for your help I will take another look at this.As long as I need a mac fire wire I would like it to be a Mac Pro instead of a mini or book. And I had my heart set on Wave Lab 8 over there were we sum. And you know Ive said it before but I think if I could get this line up running I might not change it again for a long time. As it is a home" pro level hard ware" and world class Daw x2 and mastering dream team. Thanks again K. P. miller Akron :bulb:

well, there is one other option. Its an Intel cpu correct? Run windows.

Alan

Sucker. That’s what you get for buying into Apple’s hype machine.