3 Issues with MediaBay (User Content folder/section)

2019-11-20_9-19-50.jpg
Hi, I’m noticing 3 issues in MediaBay of Cubase Pro 10.5 - I don’t know if this is normal, but I don’t recall this being the case in 10.0

(1) I have many custom Track Presets that I saved in 10.0. Some are in the “Instruments” folder and some are in the “Multi” folder. The Instruments one is working fine - once scanned, they are there and appear the moment I click on that folder inside MediaBay. HOWEVER, the Multi folder keeps rescanning everytime I click it. This is slow and time-consuming. I don’t want it to rescan automatically - just show me what was scanned previously. (Besides, there is a button at the top that allows me to refresh if I ever want it to.) So…i dont know why this particular folder keeps “forgetting” what was scanned already and rescanning everytime it’s selected. BUG in 10.5?

(2) The folders I had assigned as Favorites in 10.5 MediaBay are no longer part of the Favorites. Is this normal?

(3) The ability to Add as Favorite a folder from the USER CONTENT section in MediaBay seems gone - I am right-clicking these folders in Track Presets and only options are “Always on Top” and “Refresh Views”. BUG in 10.5?

HJi,

Reported to Steinberg CAN-26314.

Thanks Martin.
As a side note, I thought that perhaps importing my User Profile would have imported back the status of my Favorites folder in media bay but no, the user profile worked for other things but not for restoring my Favorites in the Media Bay.

1 Like

Did you ever figure this out? I’m having the same issue with C 11

Thanks