3 Questions about Nuage

To all Nuage-owners willing to share their experiences, workflows and knowledge:
3 questions and 1 rhetorical question:

• I know that Nuendo has 5 MixConsole-windows; 4 “full” MixConsoles and 1 MixConsole in the LowerZone of the ProjectWindow, which can only contain Faders or Inserts or Sends (why not EQ???). When you’re working on a NuageFader-unit, is this unit always showing its Racks and Meters on a dedicated MixConsole, which is connected to its dedicated display? For instance, if you own 2 NuageFader-units, are their Racks always shown at MixConsoles #1 and #2 (= display “1” and “2”)? Or can you decide for yourself to which MixConsole your NuageFader-unit is connected, at any moment? Is it even possible to view a NuageFader-units’ Racks on multiple MixConsoles?
  • I know that Nuendo can memorise 8 VisibilityAgent-configurations in the ProjectWindow and 8 VisibilityAgent-configurations in the MixConsole. How does this work in conjunction with, let’s say, 3 NuageFader-units? Are the (8) VisibilityAgent-configurations stored in the NuageFader-unit itself? Or are they stored in the MixConsole which is dedicated to this NuageFader-unit ? If so, does this mean that when you store a VisibilityAgent-configurations in NuageFader-unit #1 for instance, you can not recall that memory from NuageFader-unit #2 or #3?
  • When I’m editing my reverbs and delays (FX) in my projects, I’ve got this workflow that I’m adjusting the parameters in my FX-track while I’m simultaneously setting the correct send-level on my source-track. This means I’m working on 2 tracks simultaneously with my mouse and my Euphonix MCPro. I’m orienting on purchasing Nuage at the end of this year or maybe next year (depending on the bus-stop we’re in at the moment) and I’m wondering if this “work-on-2-tracks-on-different-sections”-workflow is also possible when I would purchase only 1 NuageFader-unit? Sure, there is this “Dual Block Mode” where you can edit 2 channels simultaneously, but is it possible in “Dual Block Mode” that 1 track shows Sends, while the other track shows the parameters of an Insert? Or can NuageFader in “Dual Block Mode” show 1 Section for comparison between 2 tracks only? Or is there another/smarter workflow?

Looking forward to hearing hands-on-tips&tricks !
Thanks in advance.

Niek/ Amsterdam

Anyone got a minute to answer my questions?
Thanks in advance.

Niek/ Amsterdam.

I dont have one, but

1. NO you get one ” extra hidden “ mixer for each fader unit. They are not shared with the regular mixer windows.

2&3) not sure to be honest.

Thanks for your time.

1. So, when using Nuage, you can still use the 5 MixConsole windows within Nuendo, without “affecting” the MixConsoles which are dedicated to Nuage’s windows?

Thanks again.
Niek/ Amsterdam.

Niek,

Not working for the moment, but I will answer in a couple of days.

Fredo

Hello
1 - the MIXConsole of the Nuage fader units has his own mix console display on the dedicated 24" monitor but you can synchronise the mix console of the project with the mix console of the nuage.
2- The channel views are all independant but I have just one fader unit. with several fader units I think that the recall of the channel views is either independent or global on all the fader units
3-you can do this by using the fader unit for the sends and editing the insert on the master unit at the same time

by Fredo »
Niek,
Not working for the moment, but I will answer in a couple of days.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
No rush.

Thanks, Niek/ Amsterdam

by cyrileg »
1 - the MIXConsole of the Nuage fader units has his own mix console display on the dedicated 24" monitor but you can synchronise the mix console of the project with the mix console of the nuage.
2- The channel views are all independant but I have just one fader unit. with several fader units I think that the recall of the channel views is either independent or global on all the fader units
3-you can do this by using the fader unit for the sends and editing the insert on the master unit at the same time

1 - Understood
2 - I hope Nuage owners who own multiple NuageFader-units can shine their light on this?
3 - That’s an interesting, smart workflow. I didn’t think (fantasise) of this yet. Thanks for sharing this.

Thanks, Niek/ Amsterdam