30 day trail available for USA folks? (Mac OSX)

Is the 30 day free trial of Cubase 5 available for folks residing in the USA?

the website had a little note at the bottom of the page that said not available in US…

ALSO, If one loses their dongle and is in the middle of a project this would be a great bu*t saver.
Would the expiration of the 30 day activation ruin any permanent activations (once one gets that fixed).
Would the 30 day activation work with a previously installed Cubase 5 on a Mac OSX machine without having to download and install it again (since it was installed from the original CDs/DVDs)?

AND FINALLY, does Steinberg have a similar iLok insurance policy (no down time)?
(iLok has a $30/yr, you lose/damage it we replace it policy).

thanks,

LG

Hi, i reside in Canada and i was able to try the Cubase 5 trial version(need USB elicenser to store the activation), i guess that there should be no problem for people in the US as Canada is just next door.
Once the 30 day trial is over, only Cubase 5 will not be able to launch anymore.
If i understand correctly, i don’t see any reason to install the trial version of Cubase 5 if you already have the C5 version on OSX :confused:

No the dongle is kinda your life :laughing: , if you lose it then you’ll have to buy the software again, like most people here will say(How can you possibly lose your dongle?)

Hope this helps

Once the 30 day trial is over, only Cubase 5 will not be able to launch anymore.

The trial license is a completely separate category insofar as the elicenser is concerned.

It can only either be upgraded or removed.

Hello,

the trail version should also be available in the US. Please use an other browser (Firefox for example) and try again.

AND FINALLY, does Steinberg have a similar iLok insurance policy (no down time)?
(iLok has a $30/yr, you lose/damage it we replace it policy).

No we do not have. It is even much simpler I think:
Please be sure that you have registered the USB dongle with your licenses on it in your MySteinberg account. Should you lose, or the dongle gets stolen, or break the dongle : please contact our support department, so they can send you new activation codes by Email for your products. In all of these 3 cases you have to buy a new empty dongle by yourself. More information can be found here

Cheers,

Chris