32 bit CB on 64bit machine

Hi, quick question before i uninstall, just got myself a new windows 64bit laptop plenty of ram, i7 etc, however i installed the 32bit CB on it, now all i m getting is freeze, lock ups and crashes?? running win 10
am i only to use the 64bit CB on this laptop, the reason for this is most of my plugins are 32 and i heard they dont work well on 64,
any advice please?
thank you

32bit on 64bit Windows should work fine. What audio interface are you using?

hi Grim, nothing at the moment, i am rescanning plugin manager and it keeps freezing, i havent installed the steinberg interface yet because i wanted to make sure my plugins were working correctly first, do i need to install the interface driver just to scan? i wouldnt have thought so, it just wont rescan at the moment?

OK…so plugin manager scan has always been a bit iffy. It’s safer to close and reopen Cubase after setting the plugin path and it scans plugs on opening.

If it still crashes then probably you have a plugin that isn’t compatible.

EDIT…just to say that if I was installing to a new computer I would install Cubase and interface and check how it runs first and then start slowly adding the plugins.

ahh i did notice the paths weren’t on the system in the first place that’s probably it :slight_smile:

are you running W7 ON A W10 machine, just saw your sig

I ended up going with W10, my sig needs updating (was just trying it out at that time),

thx Grim

i’ll compare my win 7 machine to my win 10 machine and correct the folder locations etc because there’s a lot not showing in cubase on the 10 machine
thank you

Here its not working… The majority of my 32 bits plug ins caused me so much problem (freeze crac it makes the Asio peaking at 100%) so dont trust blindly the one here telling you its gonna be allright. Flip a coin… But the good news is my 64 plug ins works perfectly well and dont ask for a lot of Asio. Ex 10% for a 4 gig patch… ( with my 32 bit plugin the asio peak for a 100mb patch… So be careful…btw I am one of the first here to alert people about this problem. Man I gotta a brand new computer and was discouraged at first but now I just work with 64 bit problem and look at your post about problem with 32 bit when I take a break. Its not my problem any more. If you are in love with your 32 bits plug in you could be very very frustrated… I wish you good luck…

ive always used 32bit plugs on my 32/64bit win 7 running CB 32 because of the same probs, this is the first time i am going to try 64bit CB, i will contact HP tomorrow and ask is it possible to wipe the machine and install win 7 32/64 bit, anyone tried this?
thx

The OP is looking to run 32bit plugs in 32bit Cubase. There is no problem with that so what exactly should he not trust about what I told him??

Aside from that, there are many plugs that work fine with Cubase bridge, Jbridge runs even more ok and there are a few that just don’t work well. I still run quite a few things via Jbridge and have zero problems.

So while you seem to think you are first to alert people to this problem the facts are:

1. Not everyone will have any problem depending what plugs they are bridging
  2. Plenty of people here have known for many years already that bridging can be problematic and it is regularly recommended that you either use 32bit Cubase or all 64bit plugs or if you must bridge use Jbridge.

well i installed the 64bit and the txt is to small to read on a 15 inch laptop even on the 32 inch screen its tiny, so i’m going to try 32bit one last time, if it dont work this time the lappy goes back and i’ll look for a win 7 machine, such a shame with todays technology in the 21st century :frowning:

thanks for all the replies

GRIM: The OP is looking to run 32bit plugs in 32bit Cubase. There is no problem with that so what exactly should he not trust about what I told him??

Aside from that, there are many plugs that work fine with Cubase bridge, Jbridge runs even more ok and there are a few that just don’t work well. I still run quite a few things via Jbridge and have zero problems.

1. Not everyone will have any problem depending what plugs they are bridging
    [/quote]

I never said dont trust him. I say take some and leave some. The world is not based on your system. Its not because youre doing all right that everyone is or should be. I just say to this guy watch out, coz even with a JBridge and all the good work I made on it even with a new powerful computer and 16 gig od ram HERE 32 bit plug in are not working. So this guy could have a perfect system like you mr Perfect or he could also got problems like I did. Thats all I say… And BTW I prefer new 64 bit plug ins 32 bit will slowly disappear I think Thats my opinion Thank you and have fun with your 32 bits if that works I am perfectly happy with my 64 bit plug ins

now now children!!! :slight_smile:
my original question was, can i run 32bt CB and use 32bt plugs on a win 10 64bt machine :slight_smile:

Yes you can… just install as prompted and it should all work just fine… MANY of us used 32bit cubase in the earlier days of 64bit systems before many manufacturers had adopted it and updated their software/drivers.

I just say to this guy watch out, coz even with a JBridge and all the good work I made on it even with a new powerful computer and 16 gig od ram HERE 32 bit plug in are not working.

Again…32bit on 32bit…your problems were with 32bit on 64bit. :unamused:

64 and 32bit versions don’t have different text sizes??

ok, update:
so far so good, but can anyone tell me why cubase and the vst instruments are so small in 64bt, i can hardly see the txt,gui etc? iv’e checked preferences but unlike most programmes CB does not have a “size” function, any fixes please?
thanks for all your replies

would you like some pics?

Yeah…that’s really odd…could you post a screencap of the 64bit with the tiny text.