32 bit CB on 64bit machine

lap on the left is new win 10 64bt running CB 32 with twin display adapters intel HD 520 and Nvidia GTX 950M
lap on right is win 7 64bt running CB 32 with intel HD 3000

Unless my eyes are playing up (which admittedly they frequently do lol) it looks like you’re running each system at a different screen res… your pic isn’t the clearest… why not do a screen grab from both machines and post those instead :wink:

win 7 running @ 1366 x 768 recommended
win 10 running @ 1920 x1080 recommended

yes your right, and when i change the new lap to the same win 7 settings the screens are identical, trouble is it ruins all everything else, cant play vids etc muddy blurry icons and browsing :frowning:

Try switching to the same res and see what happens… easy enough to swap back if it’s not the cause…

yes i did, but it makes a mess of everything else on the laptop, i know it’s easy to switch back but i dont really want to pay £1000 for something that i have to keep changing :frowning:

But what happens to your font issue when you do?

magnifies almost identical to the win 7 setup

It’s possible the blurry look etc outside of Cubase is because there is a custom display scaling set in Windows.
Cubase is immune to this setting and will always follow the resolution only.

Open display properties and check where the slider for “Change the size of text apps and other items” is set.
If it’s over 100% reduce it to 100% and then run at the lower resolution.

If it’s already 100% I’m out of ideas!

that’s the cause then…

yea 100% the thing is i have two display adapters showing in device manager, one intel one nvidia, should this be? could it cause a conflict
thx

I’d imagine one is the discrete graphics card (the Nvidia) and the other is the on-chip video adapter of the i7.

Probably you could disable the on chip if using another card…but this won’t fix your issue as far as I can see this is just the way its going to be with 1920x1080 15" screen.

ok thx grim, installing updates at the moment, then i’ll contact hp, is win 7 better than win 10 for CB etc, if so can anyone recommend what i could buy?
thank you everyone

The jury’s still out on W10.

I don’t think many are claiming it’s better just yet though I have seen a few people clam improved performance. For me performance is about the same and forced windows updates still worry me but no real problems yet.

If you do change the computer your best bet may be to buy from someone specifying a laptop for audio production that will guide you through any problems getting up and running and if you stick to 15" you want a native resolution that’s lower than 1920x1080 for Cubase.

I guess you’re in UK as you quoted £ so Scan 3xs are one option.

I answered it my friend. I said HERE it doesnt work, and others tell you that it works so I said flip a coin… But dont be 100% sure it will work coz HERE with a brand new computer (very strong i7 Intel 16 Gig of Corsair Ram etc) here it doesnt work 32 bit plug in are causing troubles like I never had in 20 years of full time recording. If you dont take that as an answer my friend you got a problem

Inta Audio here in the UK are pretty good too… not sure if they do laptops though…

but all my 32 plugs are working now in CB 32 running 64bit machine, i’m effed with the display now :frowning: lol, but thanks for your imput :slight_smile:

No point interacting with this troll…I see on other threads he is posting other irrelevant stuff and insults and moderators have already issued a warning.

I’m not sure he’s a troll… looking at the syntax of his posts i’d guess English isn’t his first language… a lot of it sounds like it’s been auto translated…

it has to be a laptop for mobility, plus i have hd Tv monitors for the studio desk,

The guy said : ‘‘my original question was, can i run 32bt CB and use 32bt plugs on a win 10 64bt machine’’
So Grim why do you bother us with your 32 bit on 32 bit BS ? I mean even with a 32 bit bridge it is still with a win 64 bit machine. He just said it. Try to understand before you comment about me Read it again:
‘‘my original question was, can i run 32bt CB and use 32bt plugs on a win 10 64bt machine’’