32bit 64bit same computer

I have cubase 7 (32bit) installed on my pc. Can I install the same version of the 64bit on the same computer?

Whether you should run a 32 bit or 64 bit application depends on your processor and your operating system.
If you are on Windows 10/11, click the start button and type “about”. Click “About your PC”.
If you see this:
You should use the 64 bit version of the application to best utilize the full word length of your processor. You might still be able to run the 32 bit one, but you might have to change the Compatibility Mode for that application in Windows.

If your OS and/or processor is 32 bit, then you are only able to run the 32 bit version of the application.

Can you explain why you would want to run both?

I recently bought ezdrummer3 and its a vst3 instrument. I have Windows 7 64 bit but installed cubase 7 as 32bit when I first got it…So I’m wanting to re install as 64bit in order to use the new ezdrummer3. Then bridge the old plugins to the 64 of need be…lol…sounds crazy I know …but I tried jbridge and it didn’t work …The rep said ez3 would only work with cubase 64…

I recently bought ezdrummer3 and its a vst3 instrument. I have Windows 7 64 bit but installed cubase 7 as 32bit when I first got it…So I’m wanting to re install as 64bit in order to use the new ezdrummer3. Then bridge the old plugins to the 64 if need be…lol…sounds crazy I know …but I tried jbridge and it didn’t work …The rep said ez3 would only work with cubase 64…

I dont yet have the hang of this forum so Not sure if im responding to your comment or just to the post in general, sorry if i posted twice

The Cubase 7 installation can be found here …

Cubase 7 Updates and Downloads | Steinberg

Thank you, This will only update the 32bit i am currently running , correct ?

I have the cubase 7 Disc. I think I need to re install and choose 64bit… Am I right?

The “full” installer is available, as well as the most current update (7.0.7).

I believe that would be the correct path to choose. After installation, you can run the update (7.0.7) if you wish.

1 Like