(3rd Party Issue) Cubasis3 crash + Au3 loading error message

Hi Lars,
Since updating to v3.3.3 I have noticed that if I leave a Cubasis3 project open, but with the screen off for half hour or so, then reopen the iPad screen, my project is displayed for a couple of seconds then it just crashes. Another problem I discovered by accident was when I opened a project that used Sunrizer (Au3). every preset in Sunrizer now has a fast pulse type interference that makes it unplayable, if I close Sunrizer and try reloading it, an error message appears saying “Failed to open Audio Unit”, when it does finally open it still has the interference?
I created a new empty project, then closed Cubasis3 down and rebooted my iPad Air 4………but nothing had changed, so I launched Cubasis 2 and loaded Sunrizer with no problems and the sound was good too, I also launched Sunrizer as stand-alone and again all was well?
There is possibly a simple solution to this problem but I can’t find one :worried:
I put my trust in your hands,
Mike.

Hi @fixitmania53,

Thanks for your message.

If possible, please provide me with short clips, which visualises the problem, to share it with the team. In addition, please provide me with the crash reports too.

Thanks in advance!

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi Lars, thanks for your reply.
I have attached a short screen video of the Audio Failed to Load error message.
I will have to send the zip file containing Cubasis Crash files in a separate email, I tried attaching it to this email but I was not successful, the email subject name will be Cubasis Crash Files for Lars.
Regards Mike.

(Attachment IMG_57813744.MOV is missing)

Cubasis3 Crash Files.zip (56.6 KB)

Hi Lars, here are the crash (and wake-up) files you requested. Please let me know if you need anymore information.
Regards Mike.

My first email containing a video clip showing “Audio unit Failed to Load” error message - failed to send!
Here is a screenshot of that error message whilst trying to load Sunrizer.
Regards Mike.

Hi @fixitmania53,

I gave your issue a short check, where Sunrizer loads as expected (see the following clip: WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free, link expires Dec 17, 2021).

You may give the following steps a try:

• Launch the Sunrizer stand alone app
  • Set “Audio Engine Latency” to “OFF”
  • Load the “New Project” project template
  • Close all running apps, including Cubasis
  • Fully shut down the iPad

Does Sunrizer loads up as expected, once relaunching the iPad and Cubasis?

Stay well
& best wishes,
Lars

Hi Lars,
I have followed your instructions completely but when Sunrizer opens inside Cubasis the same “growl” sounding interference is still there. Cubasis 2 does not have this problem with Sunrizer or even as stand-alone.
On 26/11/2021 I did a mixdown of a project that used Sunrizer on one of the tracks, I have just opened that same project and Sunrizer now sounds awful, I tried to open it but a different synth image opens instead of Sunrizer, then when I close this wrong synth by clicking the “x” on the right corner, the “x” disappears but the synth image remains and is frozen until Cubasis is closed and relaunched, Sunrizer does eventually appear when selected and opens quickly, but still with a bad sound.
Everything sounded ok until the 3.3.3 update.
Regards Mike.

Hi @fixitmania53,

Are you able to reproduce the problem with a simple project, containing the Sunrizer app only? If so, could you share it with us?

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi Lars,
I have attached a small project that should reproduce five different sunrizer presets, I will also include a short m4a audio clip of what these presets sound like in cubasis.
Incidentally, I had tried different latency settings but nothing changes.
Regards Mike.
Sunrizer test.zip (5.2 KB)
Sunrizer test 2.zip (480.6 KB)

I have been in touch with the Sunrizer developer concerning the problems I have had with the app, he was very helpful and informed me there was a problem with the large buffer size and will be fixing it.
In the meantime, I set Cubasis Device and Audio Engine Latency to 2.7ms, (as suggested by Sunrizer dev), shut everything down, rebooted the iPad and…….success, everything is back to normal again.
We (I) never stop learning :wink:
Thank you Lars for your help

1 Like

Hi @fixitmania53,

Thanks for the update, glad to read that Beepstreet intends to resolve the Sunrizer issue.

Stay safe
& best wishes,
Lars

Hi Lars,
Thank you for responding so quickly.
I have attached IAA Test.cbp
It’s only been a month or so that this problem has occurred? I really like using the four IAA synths in the project. I did mention that occasionally Cubasis failed to open Synthmaster 2 and that when tapping the icon on its track, a different synth would open instead and freeze! Not sure if that is a KV330 Audio problem.
Regards Mike.

(Attachment IAA Test.cbp is missing)

Hi Lars,

It’s only been a month or so that this problem has occurred? I really like using the four IAA synths in the project. I did mention that occasionally Cubasis failed to open Synthmaster 2 and that when tapping the icon on its track, a different synth would open instead and freeze! Not sure if that is a KV330 Audio problem.

Regards Mike.

(Attachment IAA Test.cbp is missing)

Hi Lars,

Regards Mike.

IAA Test.zip (1.98 KB)

Hi @fixitmania53,

Thanks for the project which I’ve shared with our engineers, alongside with your report.

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi Lars,
Thanks for your reply.
I have attached the crash logs.
I have tried to reproduce the problem with Steinbergs Classic Machines, especially MINI Classic that I am using at present, so far it has not gone wrong, but when it does go corrupt, if I change to a different machine and then back to MINI Classic, it’s ok?
Also, Cubasis 3 launches quickly again? I don’t know what’s going on.
Regards Mike.

Archive.zip (161 KB)

Hi @fixitmania53,

Thanks for the crash reports, which have been shared with the team.

Best,
Lars