(3rd party issue) Notes “dropped” when generated by MIDI plugins

I tried Helium again and that has the same audible note drops with the same quarter note test.

With LK I could not hear any notes being dropped but the output when recorded into Atom, Helium or another LK instance as the next MIDI plugin shows gaps in the recorded output, which would again suggest that note on/offs are being received out of sequence.

Is this something to do with Cubasis being able to cope with sample-accurate MIDI generators?

I have this same issue using Octachron. The first note in the sequence is always skipped.

Hi guys,

Please let us have a short step description, to allow us evaluating the problem.

Thanks
Lars

Hi @LSlowak, if you follow steps 1-6 in my original post then this is a very basic recreate for the problem.

It seems that note on/off get out of order with consecutive notes that have no gaps. This is clearly audible even at quarter note resolution and affects the ability to use MIDI generators reliably.

It does not happen for all apps but that may have something to do with the fact that some apps have lower PPQN MIDI resolution than others which makes it easier for CB3 to follow their output, though that is purely speculation on my part.

Thanks @LSlowak and team for another feature packed release!

This is still an issue at 3.4. Consecutive quarter notes in the following sequencers when played through the default piano instrument are audibly cut short every few notes played:

Atom 2
LK
Helium
Thesys

The same test, using Atom 2, plays correctly in the following hosts:

ZenBeats
Auria Pro
Audio Evolution Mobile
Nanostudio 2
Drambo
MultiTrackStudio
AUM