(3rd party issues) No audio sound on play after record

Thanks Lars, yes, I have ordered another (different brand) hub and will try it (it will also be powered as that seems necessary to power my midi keyboard). That said, it does appear A/B that Cubasis 2 does not have this issue — when I’ve had the problem on 3 and I use 2, it ‘just works’ — not sure if that helps but maybe my solution is to go back to 2 (though of course seems I will have to repurchase all the extras).

I’ll stay in touch as if this is really the case then there is something in Cubasis 3 that introduced a bug, I’ll report back once I try the new hub.

Alexi

Hi @alexi.karuna,

Please let me have more details what works in Cubasis 2, but fails in Cubasis 3.

Thanks,
Lars

I’ll reply as things go but the first thing I notice between 2 and 3 is that the speaker icon on audio tracks functions differently: On 2 after recording I can leave it on and still hear audio I’ve recorded on that track (when I play back), where on 3 I can not. So the way 3 does it is a step backwards (at least for me) as I have to toggle it to review a take. Not sure if that is a bug or by design.

So far every time I record audio on 2, it will play back where on 3 (even when turn off the speaker icon) it is about 40-50% of the time that I must reastart the app to hear it. This is while using the usb hub (as I really need it to be productive). This is all using my original usb hub, I will try a different one soon.

I will keep posted as I go further… just what I’ve noticed in past week

Hi @alexi.karuna,

If possible, please let us have a short clip which visualizes the problem.

To clarify, please note that the speaker icon is to enable/disable monitoring.

“Monitoring” outputs the audio input of your track routed through the track’s effects. In order to prevent feedback, monitoring only works if hardware (e.g. headphones, a microphone or an audio interface) is connected.

As stated above, please let us have a short clip which visualises the problem.

Thanks,
Lars

Here is a video of the problem stated above. Also note that audio levels in Cubasis 2 seem much better (higher) than in Cubasis 3. VID 20211222 065644158 - YouTube

Just to add - I do understand what the monitoring does, it’s actually very important to me both with vocals and guitar, that’s why having to toggle it to listen back to every take is a pain as I have to re-enable it to record subsequent take.

Hi @alexi.karuna,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, we are unable to reproduce the “no audio sound on play after record” issue ourselves. Are you able to provide us with the exact steps to reproduce the problem?

You can enable the “Play audio tracks while recording” option located under “Setup/Audio” to make recorded tracks play back while monitoring is active.

Our engineers will check the recording level differences topic between Cubsis 2 and Cubasis 3.

Thanks
& stay safe,
Lars

Thanks Lars, I stand corrected on the “play audio while recording”… that resolves that question.

As for the no audio after record, it’s still the same as on this clip (3rd party issues) No audio sound on play after record - #5 by alexi.karuna but it is as always inconsistent. So far though it has not happened on Cubasis 2 however. I’ll let you know if I can find any other replication step that makes it consistent.

I’m definitely interested to see what you all find as for recording level differences between 2 and 3.

Be well,

Alexi

Hi @alexi.karuna,

Thanks for your message.

I’m definitely interested to see what you all find as for recording level differences between 2 and 3.

Here comes the feedback from our engineers regarding the topic:
“The cause is probably that the Studio Quality setup option is on (under Setup / Audio). Without iOS-side input signal processing, the input gain is raw but low, that’s intended. That’s why this setup option is off by default, the automatic signal processing that iOS applies is useful most of the time.”

Best wishes
& stay well,
Lars