3rd party plugins no longer responding to MCU / AI

I only have plugins from a couple of manufacturers, Waves and Sound Toys (MicroShift).

My Xtouch and CMC-AI were both working fine with the plugin controls, but now they’re not. The various knobs and sliders on all Cubase stock plugins respond to both the Xtouch and the AI. Waves and Sound Toys no longer do. The rest of Cubase functionality works fine with both controllers. It’s only the plugins that have started misbehaving.

I’ve done the initial tests of restarting Cubase, the controllers, rebooting the PC, etc. with no change in behavior.

I don’t recall making any configuration or environment changes, so I have no idea what brought this on. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot this?

Just fixed the problem but I’ll leave this post up in case anyone else ever runs into this.

My ASIO driver had accidentally been set to the Generic Low Latency one rather than my TF5 mixer. I changed it back to the proper ASIO device and suddenly the 3rd party plugins started responding again.

I’m happy that the problem is solved, so I’ll take the win.

That said, I have no idea why the audio engine choice would affect the plugin control response to remote control devices, and only for non-Cubase plugins. But then, there are many things in life I don’t understand.