3rd party VST Plugin GUIs very small in HiDPI mode

The scaling of Cubase looks good in HiDPI mode (including for Steinberg plugins), but the 3rd party VST Plugin GUIs are all very small. Halion is also too small for me to use (you can adjust the size of the plugin, but the text and knobs are still very small). Been looking around for ways to adjust their size but not seeing anything. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don’t think I would be able to use Cubase in HiDPI mode with the plugins this small.

My understanding, and this is a Windows-thing not a Cubase-thing, is that once your DAW supports HiDPI scaling in Windows, the plugins themselves also need to be coded to work with HiDPI scaling. Some are. Some are not. Others have built-in scaling that ignores all that entirely. I think at least one DAW will do blurry upscaling, but that’s not a great solution either.

I suggest reaching out to the vendors themselves and asking them to update their plugins for some kind of scaling support.

Thank you for the response Funkybot. Seems like it might be a while before developers all make their plugins scalable. I imagine it will be a long time before Universal Audio does it. I really like the way Cubase looks in HiDPI mode other than the small plugins, but the plugins are really too small to use. I guess I’ll have to go back to non-HIDPI mode :frowning: