4.3.20, Copy/paste doesn't work with one-staff piano

I created a part for piano with one staff. The second staff was removed by context menu > staff > remove staff. After that cmd+c, cmd+v functions, and edit > copy, edit > paste don’t work. When you return the second staff all commands work.

Hi @Oleksa and welcome to the Forum.
For me it works.
If you can share your project (or a part of it) here, if would be useful to see what is happening.

Hi, @Christian_R I attached the file. It seems it works now in both cases. But I fighted with this all the previous day.
copy.dorico (623.4 KB)

Good to hear.
If this happens again you can post here the exact steps to reproduce the unwanted behavior.
(But for now it looks as the functions work as expected)

This happens to me also. Haven’t found a solution yet.

@Martycli would you be able to share your project as per a few posts up?

BF8ths.dorico (821.3 KB)
Hi Daniel, I have uploaded it. It won’t copy and paste if the bass clef is removed. If I leave just one line of bass clef and remove it from the rest it works again. The copy and paste won’t work if the bass clef is not present. This is a shame as having an empty bass clef takes up a lot of space at times when I don’t need it. Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

Hi,

Delete the “-1staff” signpost at bars 4 and 27. The one at 27 is removing the upper staff (you can see that in galley view).

1 Like

Thanks rafaelv. That certainly did the trick. I’m still a newbie, the only thing know about signposts is how to hide them so I don’t have to look at them! Thanks very much for your help.

2 Likes