4 cue sends with direct monitoring on UR824 Mac OS

Ok…

So I got an UR824 in hopes that the integration would make life easier than using my RME UFX interface and Totalmix

Well alas it seems I was wrong…

Simple things I want to do such as this…

4 headphone sends… must have the ability to direct monitor to these sends… wanted to use UR824 Hardware Reverb effects on ALL headphone sends at the same time…

I am using Cubase Pro 8.5 on a Mac running El Capitan.

If this CAN be set up I would like to know how?

If it can not then I have absolutely 100% wasted my money on this interface which really disappoints me!

I really wanted the integrated direct monitoring feature so I could run in a true “Tape Machine” style as I come from an analog background unfortunately since all other interfaces like my RME run CoreAudio and don’t have ASIO the only way to have this way of working is with a Steinberg Interface… ARGH!!!

Someone tell me I can do this absolutely simple thing!

It can definitely be done. You need to enable the control room to do it. It took me a lot of reading to figure out how it was done and I doubt I could explain how to do it since there was so much trial and error. The main things I remember is control room had to be enabled and then I created two cue sends in the output manager thing and assigned those to the appropriate 824 port.