4 feature requests that would change my life

4 things that would definitely improve the headaches:

1.- Have Dorico Engine open the project at the last configured sample rate. I often record in Cubase and when I go to work in Dorico later on, the sample rate is still at Cubase’s rate (e.g. 96k) which messes up my whole audio.
2.- Being able to throw in a drum MIDI_Loop into the editor and actually have all the voices present.
3.- Having the filters as a standalone window that we can keep open. There’s so many clicks to get to things.
4.- Being able to filter out staves with the Galley View instruments filter. At the moment it is only possible to filter by instrument, not by which staff of the instrument (e.g. Right hand piano).

Thank you for your consideration.

One thing you may like to do is assign key shortcuts to Filter commands. Dorico can set consecutive keys (e.g. one key, followed by another) as a shortcut.
So I use CTRL F, then N to filter Notes
CTRL F, then S to filter Slurs
CTRL F, then X to Filter Text
… mapping all the same keys as used with Shift to create new things.

There’s always the Jump bar, too.

(Well, I use Command F, cause I’m on a Mac.)

3 Likes

Also, second monitor

Fact of life working between VST’s and recording/audio manipulation. You can use multiple interfaces (I’ve done this), or what I do now is my recording is done in Wavelab, which supports output decimation so you can work at say 96k for audio manipulation and resample (non destructively) on the output down to 48k. I’d also try the low latency ASIO as it’s pretty forgiving.

2.- Being able to throw in a drum MIDI_Loop into the editor and actually have all the voices present.

Talking about MIDI import with this? I don’t use it but it’s pretty sophisticated.

3.- Having the filters as a standalone window that we can keep open. There’s so many clicks to get to things.

Jump is your friend

4.- Being able to filter out staves with the Galley View instruments filter. At the moment it is only possible to filter by instrument, not by which staff of the instrument (e.g. Right hand piano).

Eh? Don’t see the point of it but OK

Already supported

Yes, this is my approach.

Jfs = jump, filter slurs
Jfn = jump, filter notes
Etc.

They are almost nervous ticks now.

3 Likes

These are great! Do they select from that flow, or the entire file? I have a shortcut for slurs, but only after selecting the passage. I’m going to have to try this one!

1 Like

Presumably they select from the measures the user highlights before calling the jump shortcut just as if one had gone the long way around to implement the command.

1 Like

Makes sense - I have a shortcut that’s similar: select, invoke shortcut.

Thanks for clarifying.

Correct.

I have 3, I don’t understand the point…

Yes, throwing it in the key editor gives me completely different results from regular import MIDI.

Thank you!

There are many, many reasons, too long to go into…

So good! Yes this is more than enough! Thank you, thank you! :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

1 Like