4 Issues, please help :)

Hey there,
I just got Cubase Pro 10 and I have some noob questions :wink:

After setting up my Arturia KeyLab 49 and Steinberg ur22mkii, and the basic settings (friends helped me), I tried to “Add Instrument” by right clicking the left zone, but only had 4 options and I couldn’t play anything with the keyboard. From what I understood, HAlion and other options should be available upon installing the software. I also saw HAlion and other types’ installations and installed it, then it appeared as an option but I couldn’t choose the style (no options there, it was blank). Could have I missed something in the installation? It installed the whole 21 GB. What could be the issue and how can it be fixed?

1. This is a more silly question - I probably pressed something by mistake, and the line above the grid became red. What does it mean, and how do I restore it to normal?

2. I plugged the Steinberg ur22mkii to my computer and it seemed to be connected properly, but when configuring the only option I had was Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO. Is it a display name for the same thing?

3. Also about Steinberg ur22mkii - it came with a CD, and my laptop doesn’t have a CD driver. Was the CD crucial? If so, Is there another way around it?

Thank you very much and sorry for the length!

Hi and welcome,

1. Could you provide a screenshot, please? Have you select any sound from the library?

2. Again a screenshot would help. But maybe you swept the Left-Right locators… The right locator as on the left and the left one on the right side?

3. Yes, this is the ASIO driver you should use.

4. No, it’s better to download the latest driver from Steinberg web-page.

Hey,

So 2-4 were resolved, so only the 1st issue pressist…

I attached 2 screenshots -

1. One shows the options I first got when clicking on “Add Instrument”. No HALion or any other options.

2. After that, I found an installation of HALion and other options in the Steinberg Downloader, so I manually installed it (Although I understood that HALion, and other plugins should have been there already). After manually installing HALion, it was on the options on Add Instrument, but there were no styles to choose from (That’s what this screenshot is showing), so I couldn’t play anything with my Keyboard.

How can this issue be resolved? How can the options be there with the styles?

Thank you.

Hi,

To me it looks, like there is no HALion Sonic SE library.

I would recommend to reinstall Cubase. Make sure, you:

• Download the Full Installer.
  • Unpack the ZIP file and install from the unpacked folder.
  • You install as administrator.

Hi,

Regarding the full instalation, I downloaded the one of 21 GB from the Steinberg downloader, Is there anything else?

I did all of the above multiple times, unfortunately it still doesn’t work…

Can you think what else might be the reason?

Hi,

Could you start Steinberg Library Manager, please? Can you see HALion Sonic SE libraries there?

Where can I find the Steinberg Libary Manager?
And I also tried disabling the Anti Virus, it didnt work.

Hi,

Steinberg Library Manager should be installed with any current Steinberg product. So you should be able to find it in your applications folder.

If its not installed, you can download it separately from here.

I found it, but it doesn’t have HALion on it…

Hi,

Then I would recommend to install Cubase from the Full Installer, the way I described above.