4 Serious Issues with Cubase 8.02 Comments Welcomed

Any comments on this would be appreciated.

ISSUE #1 When using track versions Cubase gets very confused. When comping drum tracks for example, deleting audio files on one track version, often deletes audio files on a non-active track version (particularly if the track version was generated when using the duplicate track function in the track version popup menu). I have noted this across 3 recent projects. I have been painstakingly working around it but is a major time waster and extreme caution needs to be applied as it is very easy to eliminate audio files. Can someone at Steinberg confirm this as a known issue?

ISSUE #2 - More than one open project. When working with 2 projects (only one active) Cubase’s inspector will fail to operate on the open but inactive project. The inspector will not populate with track information.

ISSUE #3: Momentarily disengaging group editing (equal sign) to perform an edit on a single track within the group often causes Cubase to lose complete sync with the group track whereby selecting and performing a specific edit will not reliably be reflected in the corresponding group tracks.

ISSUE #4: Project Corruption

I have experienced file corruption on two occasions whereby I am working with a lot of tracks and using the filtering and sync functions of the arranger to view specific track types (toggling visibility) etc. I have 3 LCD monitors with one dedicated to the arranger page/edit screens, the second to the mixers and the third for the master bus plug-ins.

At some point in the process of mixing various tracks, usually when syncing the mixer view to the arranger,Cubase gets scrambled and doesn’t display the information in the inspector… if I toggle various filter views (audio, midi, groups etc) on and off it will sometime give me the inspector information again, Cubase prompts me that it has crashed and asks me to save the song with a new name. ONce I restart Cubase and attempt to reload the newly named file, it will not load and Cubase crashes at the point that it is loading the mixer and cubase generates a crash log. Fortunately, I have been able to go to go to a .bak file and start over and lose only some work.

Other than these issue, Cubase is very well behaved on my system. I have done hours of edits with heavy track counts, without crashes (amazing stability).