5.1.1 crash with eastwest play

This week I installed the 5.1.1 update. The eastwest play engine is raging mad after this update. I got load errors, PC crash and when saving a npr the size was shrunk to 2/3 of the original. All settings concerning the play enige were lost. And maybe other data too. Also some other plugins disappeared (Due to a crash a think).
Anyone experienced this too?

yup, same here. Play not working well in Nuendo, but for me it was the Play update that started the trouble, I updated to 2.1.1 with wordbuilder integrated and everything stopped working properly - random crashes and whenever I close Nuendo with an instance of play in it I get the message - ‘The instruction at “0x7c9100e8” referenced memory at “0x0a4a00100”. The memory could not be “read”. Click on OK to terminate the programme’ - I have gone back to using the NI Kontakt version of the choirs. EW asked if it could be a steinberg problem (people have trouble with play in Cube 5 too apparently) but I am more inclined to think the probs lie with play. Their support also said Play 5.1.2 should fix the prob but I’ve put it in and no change.

It’s a pain :frowning:

So you are not alone Paul…

Cheers,

Mike

I forgot to mention I uninstalled the 5.1.1 update. After that, with 5.0.1, everything was working again. Well, working… The play engine is very buggy. But when you handle it with care one can use it.

In the meantime it has become clear the Play enine of East West has a memory allocation problem. In real life that means: In the vst instruments rack, put the East West play instument in top position. Then it works most of the time. So keep a spare in top position if you plan to use Play. Else, reconsider your backup procedure since files cannot be reopened after using the East West Play engine. I avoid using EW products now, despite the costs…
The sounds are really OK.
By the way, EastWest (or Soundsonline.com) did not respond to the problems as expected. They only suggsted again I should reinstall the Play engine.

we use EW quantum leap pianos and platinum symphonic on a 64 bit Vista os machine in standalone mode with a presonus firebox. and i have to tell you, this is a very menopausal player JUST IN STANDALONE!!! i can only imagine running as a VSTi!!

we have to restart the computer 2-4 times just to get the player to work! but once its up our clients crap when they hear the orchestrations and pianos