5.1 Question (Iconica Sketch)

Hi again!

I’ve come to the forum to seek help with an issue I’ve been encountering.

When resetting the sounds on my projects to switch to Iconica Sketch (great sounds!), my app often crashes.

My question is: Are the crashes related to the amount of storage that Dorico itself takes up, or is it a matter of cumulative storage across the entire device (other apps, programs, etc.)

I don’t know if this is relevant, but I use Dorico 5.1 for iOS, and have an active Dorico Pro subscription…

Thank you for your help! I plan to start my biggest project yet very soon with Iconica Sketch but there’s no way I can if I can’t find a workaround for this issue.

What model of iPad do you have? If your iPad only has 4Gb of RAM or less, then yes, Dorico might crash when the app exceeds memory limits. (This is something that ipadOS does when apps get too big!)

You’re confusing RAM with storage. It’s not the amount of space on the disk, but how much data is processed by the CPU at a given time.

Thank you for helping me to clear up the confusion. I’ll check what model I have, but I’m sure that in the end I’ll be okay!