5.5.3 Update

Is anyone having any problems with this update running 32 bit windows? I don’t see alot of talk about
it as excited as everyone was to get it. Just want to know if it’s worth the update. I’m running 5.1.1 and it has been rock solid for me. Don’t want to risk update if it my ruin my stability. Having track presets working would be nice but not if I lose some stability.

Thanks

No one has updated? Just looking for a little feedback before I take the plunge.

I have updated and haven’t noticed a difference in stability so far…
J.L.

Thanks J.L. any improvements you’ve noticed yet?

I haven’t really noticed much difference at all to be honest. I haven’t had it very long though.
Sorry I am not much help.
J.L.

Glad you asked because I just realised there is a big improvement. Been working on some pretty involved tracks for a few months on the previous version and my singer and I noticed that C5 would get a bit tetchy after a long period under strain. The remedy would be to restart.

Since the up date I’ve just realised there’s been no temperamental behaviour at all.

Hope C6 is like this. :slight_smile:

Upgraded from 5.1 to 5.5.3 and have had no horror stories.
Noticed some positive GUI enhancements.
Come to think of it, it hasn’t crashed since, so MAYBE there’s an improvement , but things like that are sporadic (still haven’t changed my habit of saving often)

→ this and autosave are still one of the most important helping functios in Cubase :wink:

Thanks! That’s what I was wanting to hear. I’ll update tomorrow after backing everything up.

I found I could crash C5.5.3 by auditioning a lot of track presets. Pretty annoying but autosave was working fine!

I’ve been working for about a week with C5.5.3 and WIN-7 32Bit SP1. Everything works just fine here. I havent noticed any difference except that some projects seem to load faster and Cubase itself seems to start faster.

Thanks! I still haven’t updated because it seems so quiet around the subject. Everyone was so excited they were going to “give” another update and there is no buzz after. I guess everyone went to 6.

Updating myself here…

Still no horror stories and no regrets.
But i still get occasional crashes, but nothing new there.
I still save whenever I’ve done something good that I’d regret losing.

The only thing I’ve noticed is that the text seems more blurry. This can be fixed with a hack (Google cubase font hack). Also, I prefer the general layout of Cubase 5.1. Seems better looking. Still at least in 5.5.3 the tempo track actually has the correct scale on it and the windows size properly…