5.5 Corrupting Projects?

Yes, I would like a reply that says something like - “noted, will pass this information on to the relevant people” or whatever.

I take the time to make Nuendo better - I don’t have to, but I do.

Some courtesy would be appreciated.

I am also having this problem.

I am going to move to 5.1 until this is fixed.

What was the result of the testing?
I’ve been running some very heavy 5.1 mixes, all with scads of VCC (1.3.5 version) and about half & half "created in 5.1.1/created in 5.5 to try & get a repro here & just cannot manage to trigger the same problems.
So either I am missing on a repro step, or it’s system/plugin specific, and I would like to try & get this nailed so I can avoid it as it does indeed sound terrifying.

Please keep me posted on this one??

If it is plug in related… in my job I was using the following.

Equality 64bit vst3
compassion 64bit vst3
Spl twin tube vst2.4 jbridged
Surcode Dolby PLii jbridged
REVerence

job was started in 5.1.1 64 and opened in 5.5 64. I never touched 32 with it.

I don’t use any of those. it seems that the problem is more at the core of the coding of Steinberg’s update.

How old is the Minnetonka Plugin? That’s my best guess at the culprit, as it’s an old one.
I think it’s operation under a bit bridge might also be suspect because of it’s 2-in 6-out and 6-in 2-out operation modes. Could be wrong though.
I know that they wanted to charge me for the last update, and it was not cheap either so I passed on it.
What version are you using? Mine is claining to be 1.0, but I know I did get a few updates before it got turned into
2.5.1 - see http://www.minnetonkaaudio.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49&Itemid=76&lang=en (oddly enough, the upgrade link is not working here). No mention of 64-bit support there either.

EQuality & Compassion I have both, but only using the 32-bit versions in the main (the 64-bit system is usually running video but they are installed). Don’t see those being the problem. It would be great if they were in a way, as Dave cranks out serious fixes very quickly.

SPL Twin Tube I have no knowledge of, so cannot say, and although REVerence has had it’s issues I don;t see it being this either. My money is on the DPLII plugin.

Or - much more likely - the result of a tightening in code revealing a bug in a third party plugin.

I also don’t use any of the plugs Kid Dropper mentioned.

I’m convinced it has something to do with VST 3 plugs… I had a repeatable corruption using Softube’s TSAR. But only the VST 3 version…

But this comment

sums it up the best for me… (‘sums’, no pun intended :slight_smile: )

Robin

I held out on that minitonka upgrade as well for a long time.

V1 worked a lot better. V2+ has major problems in VST… RTAS is fine.

but v2’s problems were work around able and v2 was the only version that I was able to bridge.

If VST3 seems to be causing the problem, then the only comparable issue I have had is with Melodyne.
The VST3 version I have (had) installed simply does not work, yet the VST2.4 version is fine.
So - let’s try & pin this one down…what happens if you drop the VST3 versions from the plugins folder? Don;t delete them, maybe do what I do & just move them into a TEMP_DISABLED folder instead.

Then try using the VST2 versions instead…

Has anyone with the problem had any luck isolating VST3 plugins?

Sorry, I have not installed 5.5 because of this issue due do a bunch of projects going on right now. If I did I would surely do what I could. I know it installs in parallel, but I just don’t want any wild cards untill a bunch of this work is done.

We’ve been running parallel installs of 4.3 and 5.x 64 bit until the 5.x tree gets sorted. We are a high caliber, mission critical operation and have no issues with the parallel installs affecting each other. The 5.x is a bit flaky at times but 4.3 is dead solid. All production work is still done in 4.3.

Dave

I am also having problem with “VideoEngineDecoder.exe”. My problem in the plugin PostFilter VST3. The opening of this plugin destroying Nuendo.

Might be on to something. That reminded me that Post filter was indeed used in my problem project. Infact, I’ll need to check this but I think post filter might have been on the channels that reset themselves.

Hello,

Also problems after the update to 5.5.1 here.
They begin already earlier - I have an AAF that opens without problems in 5.1, but if i try to open it in 5.5 Nuendo closes immediately.
If I try to open the session created in 5.1, the same thing (no problems with other projects though).
I made track export and imported manually every track - THAT was interesting: I could import everything, but not track A1-A9.
I tried to copy the regions to other tracks or just see a difference between the files in the first tracks and other ones - but It didn´t work out until now.
So if anyone has an idea, what else i could try, it would be really helpful!