5-line Taiko staff

I would like Taiko note to be placed on the first and third space of a 5-line staff (treble clef F and C). I’ve edited it so it is a 5-line staff, but I can’t move the noteheads.

Is there a way to edit this?

Thanks,
Thomas

How is your Drum Kit configured?

I don’t know which kit you are talking about. This is my contextual menu for Taiko:
CleanShot 2024-07-10 at 13.02.43

If one wants to control the lines and spaces on which a percussion instrument appears, one must put it into a Kit.

2 Likes

Derrek is right.
You probably will need to merge different taikos into a kit, so that you can use different lines for different techniques — something that is not available for a single instrument. A single instrument can have many different noteheads and accents to express different techniques, but it always belongs to one vertical spot (line or interval).
Hope it helps!

1 Like

Got it! Thanks Derrek and Marc, that was very helpful :slight_smile: I don’t need correct playback, just want it to look right and this solves it.

1 Like

Re-opening this.
I’ve used the same method to create a 5-line staff for Wind Chimes, but now I can’t make gliss. lines between the notes because Dorico sees these as two separate instruments. Is there another way to approach this?

Thanks,
Thomas

If you do not care about playback, write your wind-chimes on a standard staff and use a percussion clef on it. Percussion is a kind of condensed arrangement of separate unpitched instruments, so some techniques available on pitched staves do not work in a percussion kit.

1 Like