504 error downloading Steinberg Download Assistant, Displaying Hub

Had no problem watching demo for offer, had no problem purchasing, however I cannot seem to download. I keep getting Error Code 404 Gateway Time Out. Tried many things including hard power reset and only opening the download link provided by Steinberg but alas - no help. Trying to reach out to Steinberg looks like a M-F affair during normal business hours. Perhaps I am missing something here here, I have downloaded some free VST stuff from Steinberg in the past, no issues.

1 Like

Should have stated: ā€˜504 Gateway Time-outā€™

1 Like

Perhaps there is a problem with Steinbergā€™s servers.
We can do nothing except wait for the server to be restored.

2 Likes

There is an issue. Donā€™t know what it is exactly. Getting same errors since last night.

1 Like

Hello,

Just to make sure: Are you using the latest Steinberg Download Assistant?

I tried downloading Iconica and it works ā€¦ ( downloading from Europe - Belgium)

1 Like

Could be location dependent.
The gateway time out error occurs when a server before web server is down and the traffic canā€™t reach the target.

I can download again, but the hub in Nuendo shows the error too.

1 Like

The problem is with downloading the SDA, no?

1 Like

Well ā€¦ no.
That SDA is already installed.
So I just ā€˜testedā€™ if I could re-download part of Iconica (using SDA) , and it worked ā€¦

1 Like

I am saying that the problem is in downloading the SDA to begin with, not using it.

1 Like

I didnā€™t try re-downloading and installing the SDA

Edit: Indeed downloading the SDA gives a 504 error

1 Like

There is a 504 error in the hub as well.
Could be a problem in the routing infrastructure or something similar.

2 Likes

When I try to download the Steinberg Download Assistant, I get a 504 Gateway Time-out error. Thatā€™s why I canā€™t install Cubase at all. If there is a server problem, please fix it quickly.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not required that you use the SDA for certain items. You can check here:

1 Like

Why do you think that we can fix this? We are users as you. This is a user forum, btw.

1 Like

my issue isnā€™t the same as this but it seems my topic has been unlisted.
I have no problem with The download assistant and have successfully updated my software(s)
the only issue I have and that I had before the updates is my HUB screen show the 504 error and not news/tutorials etc etc ā€¦
Cubase is working fine.

2 Likes

Does anyone here have the latest Download Assistant installation file (Win-64-bit)? And/or Activation Manager, Library Manager.
I was only able to download the ā€œContent Setsā€ vor Cubase but everything else gives me the same 504 Gateway error. I had to reset my PC yesterday and now I canā€™t continue working on Projekts. Superb timing.

2 Likes

Ummm 504 while trying to enter the vouchers for swapping licences from E to SAM , ohh dear Steinberg , this ainā€™t good

1 Like

Steinberg ā€¦creation ā€¦maybe not

1 Like

Something not right today. Iā€™m trying to browse some things over at steinberg.net (instruments, expansions, loops etc) but the pages canā€™t finish loading, Iā€™m getting the ā€œLoadingā€ Steinberg logo wheel. Just wanted to mention that.

And I also get the Hub 504 in Cubase.

1 Like