504 error downloading Steinberg Download Assistant, Displaying Hub

Hi everyone,

www. steinberg .net /slm-win
r. mb.steinberg .net /sda-latest-win

ALL recourses returning 504 error code.
Please someone call Steinberg’s devOps to restore their web services, it’s just impossible to download anything using their download manager :frowning:
Can somebody confirm it by trying to download, e.g. Cubase 12 from their link

o. steinberg .net /en/support/downloads.html
?

3 Likes

I just purchased Wavelab 11.2 but cannot download it. I am also getting the 504 error (USA). I need to work on a project and now I’m stuck. No bueno. Please help.

The bad URL is https ://r.mb.steinberg .net/sda-latest-mac. Even if I attempt to manually download the software without the assistant, the required accompanying license software also tries and dies when attempting the same core URL https: // r.mb.steinberg .net

In addition to posting here, I sent an email to Steinberg support.

Same for me! Can’t even get the download assistant.

I tried to download the Steinberg Download Assistant, but I get a 504 error and can’t download it.

I’ve tried many times since yesterday, but I still can’t.
I can’t use it because I can’t download it, even though there is no problem with the purchase or activation. I want you to do something

Well Sir, they got your money, that seems to be what counts here… But indeed very frustrating. I’m having the same problem. I’m kind of confused why this does not seem to have some kind of priority for Steinberg. Also, kind of lackluster communication… Well, I hop it will get fixed soon…

1 Like

I put the SDA for Windows on Google Drive. It is zipped and approx 105 Mb Version: 1.34.3

This could be a temporary emergency solution, and I am not sure it will work, so any feedback is appreciated.

10 Likes

Worked like a charm! thanks so much! This was literally all I needed to perform a fresh install on a clean WIN11 system.

1 Like

A mac version maybe ?

1 Like

Sorry, I use Windows …

1 Like

Same for e-licencer. Cannot download that either.
And two days ago Cubase went totally bazurk. Out of the blue I got the message that my - purchased -licence would expire within two days. And already 24 hours later no media content could be loaded because there were “no licences”. Same for the UR22C interface: “no device found”.

Worked for me too! Thanks Fantom

1 Like

I still have the “504 Gateway timeout” on the Hub screen. Yesterday I experimented the same SDA problem, but it solved by itself a couple of hours later.

I’m on Windows 11

Awesome!

I am trying to PM you but I think I can’t because I am new on the Forum :slight_smile:

worked for me. thx mate

1 Like

So far so good for me Fantom- Works fine for my win 10 here. Many thanks!

1 Like

The same, still got a 504 …

Anyone else seeing this?

Later: So it was like that for a while, and the moment I posted this thread it came back to life. Typical. :slight_smile:

The problem persists for me, even though I’ve downloaded and installed the latest Steinberg components as I always do. Right after opening Cubase, the Steinberg Hub still shows the white “504 Gateway Time-out” error page, indicating that there’s still something wrong. As a good reference, just try to download Steinberg’s latest “elicenser Control Center” manually from their website and you will notice that it will always fail, regardless what you try.
@Matthias Quellmann:
Steinberg Team, please comment what’s going on here since a couple of days. Thanks in advance!

I am having the same problem on my Hub as well.