6.0.5 very weird behavior

hi all, this has been another bad day with N6 … i thought all was good but now as i ramp up to working speed it is failing … my morning went like this …

1. 7am - recording drums / i see input / it recorded 1min instead of 4 ish but kept playing until the end / i look at the screen and there are blank regions where there should be waveforms / i hit spacebar to play and the regions disappear and never return / i tried Undo right then but there was nothing to undo … but it left the 1min pieces there and it sounded fine … i went over routing a dozen times before quiting N6 and going into another Fresh Partition with a Fresh install of N6

2. N6 in the other partition - Lost right side of Headphone feed (my outs 15/16) Solution - 16 had become unconnected in the Studio Setup … just that one nothing else

3. back to first partition (old partition) - missing port for midi … this happens once in a while - i check Map Always but it does not hold …

4. reopen the same session again - Control Room Headphone Settings are not the same … Cue 1 - click was at “0” and the 15/16 feed was at -8 or so … well, this time they came back with the HP Feed at “0” and the click at -18 the default i think … i just had the sessin open in the other partition and it was fine …

5. hearing clicks and pops once in a while … buffer is at 5112 and the CPU is around 25% ALL VI’s are Disabled (4 kontakt, 1 padshop) … when i hear a pop or click i rewind and playback to find no pop or click … NO, it is not my Clock - my Lynx card is the master for my system and the aurora is the AES slave to it …

6. Changing Bandwidth on built in EQ is rough on the CPU … pops and clicks

7. Turned Tape SAT input knob heard a pop, lead vocal is gone but you can still hear it feeding reverb (btw: reverb is on post fader) i restarted and it came back until !!!

8. I changed the EQ on drum bus - lost the Vocal - WTF !! but same thing where the verb send is heard …

the ONLY 3rd party plugin is one instance of waves SSL EQ …

this is unusable … #1 above - where did my audio go ?

it is 10:30am … my creative juices are all dried up now … like a prune …

john

bumping up as i am have contact with Steinberg / Yamaha here in the states … they are looking into the disappearing audio issue. i sent audio, video, session file, and pictures of my issues … they are responsive and helpful … i have rolled back to N5.5 to see if i can re-create my issues … maybe it is a corrupted session file … not sure yet …

john

There has been longtime bug where audio tracks can stop playing back. External inputs and busses, VIs, pro previews, etc will be fine, but some or all audio tracks stop playing back. Only a restart of Nuendo fixes it - but only temporarily.

This is a MAJOR bug that needs to be fixed very quickly.

hi csd, thank s for the bump … i am going to test the session from N6 in N5.5 and see if it will re-create there … just for fun and a bigger waste of time … :wink: :wink:

i am sure they will solve this soon … steinberg seems to be on it …