6.5 & 10 on same PC?

I’m currently using 6.5, and have been toying with the idea of upgrading for a short while now.
The current 50% offer is a big enough carrot for me to make the move.
Question:
I have unfinished 6.5 projects, but would like to start new projects on 10 (once I’m au fait with it). Would I be able to run both on the same PC, or would the updated eLicencer prohibit this?
Thanks

Edit: Just noticed my PC spec below is out of date - must see to it! :slight_smile:

If you upgrade from Cubase 6.5 to Cubase Pro 10 the new version of CB will be installed on your PC and it’s new license will allow you to run CB 6.5 which will stay on your PC. You will be able to continue to use it.

Your old projects should open in 10 too but, some VSTs that you used in CB 6.5 may not work well in CB Pro 10 unless they are all 64 bit VSTs.

Regards. :sunglasses:

Thanks Prock, I appreciate your response!
Good to know that the eLicencer will allow the two versions.
It would be too much to hope for that 6.5 projects would open without problem in CB 10. But, once installed, I’ll give it a go, anyway! One lives in hope! :slight_smile:
Thanks again.

I’ll mention that it is a good practice when opening an old project on a much newer version is to do a “backup project” to create a totally seperate copy. Then try opening that one in the new version. If something goes wrong (it shouldn’t) at least you still have the untouched original.

Have fun. :wink:

Regards. :sunglasses:

So, I’m assuming that the same goes for my Cubase 6 32bit version. The upgrade will install Cubase 10 as a separate program and I’ll still be able to run 6 unfettered?

Thanks!

Yes but, “unfettered” probably not. All the VSTs used your CB 6 must be 32 bit too. Right? That will probably cause “unfetterd” to become “fettered with a side of several three olive Martinis”.

Basically your project should open but, any VSTs used probably won’t work right.

Regards :sunglasses: